From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don & Cher
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2016 1:41 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Avoiding the dreaded 'open parent document button' when downloading PDFs on the internet?

The link is called

Consumer Report Cellphone Service Award

And it is #23 in the links list. Mine does say graphic before the name, but JAWS did not seem to see the graphic. I still had it open in IE, so used Firefox this time, and interestingly enough, FF opened it without the dreaded open parent doc button. That inspired me to close IE and try again, and this time IE opened it fine- crazy- so something erratic is going on. Hmmmm! Has this happened to others? I’ve also had IE and FF both recently do this on a download link for a Word doc. Running Win10 Anniversary.

Cher