Re: windows 10 chrashes

To be honest I agree with the poster.
The diagnostics I have given on skype vs what I can see with the naked eye are vastly different.
If its an error I search the net for it.
If its malware I tell them what to run to fix it.
If its haardware or something in startup I go via skype and fix it that way.
If I need to remote I try that way.
Usually depending how critical it is I either tell them that a good reformat will always fix it or I come over and fix it.
It can be bad software or malware, but mostly it is user leaving the system at default, and having misconfigured things leading to malware, ransomware, etc.
Leading to research onn the net, leading to installing 100 security programms and going through all sorts of things to get things going on the system going to more misconfiguration till it stops entirely.
I had to one day go through, and basically remove every program on the system and put it back.
In one case thhe system was an overheating smoking wreck, I was able to run my cooling fan desk ovver it but it still boiled.
I finally removed the battery, and was able to coppy everything to another drive, as I completed it, the entire thing melted into slag!
Sometimes I have had to bite the bullet, and clear malware then spend time fixing the dammage it caused.
In another case, it was just user error.
An uncle of mine has a small business and I service the system, most of the time its just updating the system, scanning and killing malware, and fixing user issues.
It did once end up with me having to shell out a little cash for him, as he was trying to get a program to record his skype calls.
When I got the system it was loaded with ransomware and malware and other junk.
I asked him what he was trying to do and as I had a suitte of stuuff with discounts in it I was able to buy a software to solve the origional issue.

On 5/12/2016 6:21 a.m., Brian Vogel wrote:
Marvin,

I'm about to say something that will probably result in my being socially ostracized, if not banned, from this forum: Sometimes there is just no substitute for sight.

A crash as thorny and convoluted as this one sounds is going to require that someone can literally see it unfold. It is highly unlikely to be solved entirely after the fact using things like logs, etc., and could possibly be secondary to something you've done or installed on your machine [note: possibly]. There are almost certain to be warning dialogs popping up, etc., that are occurring after JAWS (in this case) is going into "I'm not speaking anymore" mode. That kind of information will be vital and you need to engage and assistant in order to get it. There is nothing wrong with doing so.

You can certainly file this as feedback, but without something that would allow replication of the issue there's virtually nothing any developer can do with an "it's crashing over and over again" and nothing else style report. If you can figure out a way to consistently induce the crash, using the same steps (preferably as few as possible but even if it takes a lot of steps, if you know what those are, that's key), that's the way to file a bug report or feedback which can be acted upon. This is a principle that all users need to know, and an IT student must embrace.
--
*Brian*

*Well when events change, I change my mind. What do you do?*

* ~ Paul Samuelson , winner of the 1970 Nobel Prize in Economics*