Re: Windows 10 and turning off background apps

Jim Ruby <jim@...>

Were you using window-eyes by chance? Same thing happen to me see my previous email.

From: Mark Furness [mailto:flintman57@...]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 9:28 AM
To: win10@groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 and turning off background apps

Each time I would space bar, I was thrown back to the beginning.

Not a big deal but a real pain in the (you can pick what ever body part you desire)

Mark

On Dec 2, 2015, at 4:41 AM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Hi,

Here is how you turn off the background apps. First, press windows key + I to open the settings area. Next, go to privacy and press enter. Now, down arrow until you get to background apps and press enter. Now, start tabbing. As you tab, you will hear a different background app each time you tab. If it just says button, it is already turned off and you don’t need to do anything. However, if it says button check, you need to press the space bar to turn off that app. Just keep tabbing and pressing space bar on each one that says checked to uncheck the app. You will end up at the home button. Just close out of settings and you are done. Let me know how this works. Have a great one.

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.