Re: tweaking a win10 laptop for maximum performance

David Mehler

Hi,

This machine has a 256GB samsung 840pro ssd. It has 4GB of ram.

Thanks.
Dave.

On 5/31/17, Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...> wrote:
Hi,
As far as ssd goes, it all depends on the ssd size.
If I’m using an ssd that’s less than 64 gb I’ll change the swapfile since
this is usually okay. Though do keep in mind that when you do this and your
machine is running 4 gb or less of ram you might (key word is might) hurt
performance. I gave it a try with a t100 with 2 gb of ram and it wasn’t
quite up there, but if your swap file gets gigantic (I have, for some very
odd reason on systems with 16 gb of ram seen it hit 32 gb, which is just
utterly ridiculous...) I shrink it down a tad.
Also setting windows, in control panel>system>advanced system
settings>performance to use best performance. In this modern day and age it
doesn’t help a ton but every bit is better than none.