sticky Re: Fine-Grained Control Over the Group Messages You Receive from Groups.io

Cher

Brian- your responses have all been very gracious, but I had to quit on this until I was no longer frustrated with the repeated efforts. I have inserted exactly what I’m doing as you suggested in your subsequent message. I’ve marked my steps with a *.

Once you get to the main Groups.io webpage, http://groups.io, you will need to navigate to the Log in (two words) button and activate it.  Once you’ve entered your username, which is the e-mail address you’ve used to subscribe to the group(s) you routinely read, and password, then hit the Log in button beneath them

*No problem logging in.*

you will be taken to the “Your Groups” page.

*The page title is your subscriptions and Win10  is the only group listed for me. *

1.        Do a screen reader find for “Your Groups” which takes you to the “Your Groups” dropdown button and activate it.

*There is no drop down button- I am only subscribed to the one group as far as I know; but am unsure about any subgroups because there is no drop down button and Win10 is the only item listed.*

Arrow down through the list of groups to select the one for which you wish to set up your advanced preferences.  You will have to start back at this step for each group for which you wish to set up the advanced mail preferences.

*Win10 is the only listing and it is a link. I select it with the spacebar or Enter key.This immediately lands me in the Topics page for the group.

2.       Do a screen reader find for “Subscription” link and activate it.

*With  the ‘find’ there is no ‘subscription’ visible on this page. With the JAWS touch cursor there is a ‘manage your subscriptions’ phrase on the screen but it is not actionable and the other cursors cannot even ssee it. As

there is no subscription link, I cannot advance further in the steps.

I hope this clarifies what I have tried- using both both IE11 and FF. Again, I appreciate your patience- especially since I lost mine with this one ;)

Cher