Re: How to find out where a file is being saved?

Quentin Christensen

If you can search for it in the start menu, then once you've done
that, instead of pressing ENTER to open it, press the APPLICATIONS key
to bring up a context menu. Press the down arrow to select "Open file
location" (it's the only option on mine) and then press ENTER. That
will open a file explorer window in the folder the file is saved in,
with the focus on the file itself.

To move it somewhere else from this point:

1. Press CONTROL+X to cut the file. Note that if you want to copy
rather than move the file, press CONTROL+C rather than CONTROL+X.
2. Navigate to the folder you want to save to (press SHIFT+TAB to move
to the folder list and arrow or first letter navigation to find the
right place. drives such as your hard drive or memory sticks are
located under "This PC").
3. Press ENTER to load the new folder, and for good measure, press TAB
to go back to the file list and ensure you are in the right place.
4. Press CONTROL+V to paste the file to the new location.

Regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree

On 15 January 2016 at 10:00, Jessica D <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have an excel file that needs to be in a specific place.

I can only find this file by searching for it using the start menu.

How can I locate this file, so I can move it to the right place?

Thanks,

Jessica