Editing registry files

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with formatting .reg (exported
registry entry) files?

I have a registry entry which is (should be) text but when I export
it, the .reg file contains the entry in hex - although not just hex,
it seems to be hex with extra bits in between, so if I had a value of
"AAA", which in hex should be 414141 (A = 41 in hex), what it ends up
as is 41,00,41,00,41,00 so even with a hex editor it's hard work
editing it.

Does anyone know a good way or a good program for editing such files?
I have been doing it by importing into my registry, changing values
and exporting but it would be MUCH easier if I could open in something
like notepad, do a find and replace and save from there.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree