Re: realtech hd audio

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

I download from realtek with out email address all the time.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@...>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] realtech hd audio

To be honest the easiest way for win10 users is to go and get the drivers from here.

For x64 users that link is right now.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=e3d20ab2a99f3ed5d44d17f1f2611d62&s=501&r=&f=realtek_hd_audio_codecs.htm

For 32 bit, this is the driver though its slightly older.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=fe4bb149055c41d041784a66e184ddf6&s=501&r=&f=realtek_hd_audio_codecs.htm

In all cases extract the files with 7zip or something to a folder, I rename the file to realtech or realteck.cab, then extract it to its own folder with right click with 7zip.

you can get sevenzip at http://sf.net/projects/files/sevenzip

Then click sevenzip, click the latest release currently 1805, then download the right msi file and run it, then in admin mode run the 7zip file manager go tools and options or preffs, and doodle round with the associations by hitting the unlabeled buttons till they say all users then ok.

Once your cabinet for each driver is extracted, go to device manager/sound/ your realtech card and hit that enter key control tab to driver hit update and then brouse, select the realtech or whatever folder, hit ok and it should usually find and select the right driver for you.

I am unsure why free-codecs posted an entire unofficial repo on github it simply may because realtech doesn't previde their standard hd audio detection pages which they used to.

Right now the latest drivers for win7 are 2.82 and are on file hippo and that should be fine.

To be honest though its only the newer systems with these silly cards linked to their display and board chips that have this issue.

All cards before 2006 are unlocked, my old asus workstation from 2013 was unlocked.

The latest hp is linked <sigh>

Every few months or so ms seems to upgrade the drivers for win10, the latest is always 64 bit but as its not a big issue its not like it matters that much.

On 12/6/2018 1:56 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,

Before you can download you will need to provide an email address that
Realtek will send an email to that will have a download link inside but, you
better have someone sighted to decipher the captcha! My wife is sighted
but, still couldn't tell what the captcha was so I couldn't download the
driver. They don't provide an audio catpcha neither.
Take care. Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot
of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I
saved it!