Re: UWA Bulletin: another desktop app conversion - iCloud for Windows is now available on Microsoft Store #universalapps

Rick Alfaro

As far as I can tell, the experience is exactly the same as with the standard desktop app. Absolutely terrible.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:08 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] UWA Bulletin: another desktop app conversion - iCloud for Windows is now available on Microsoft Store #UniversalApps

If this iCloud UWP app is accessible that alone would be a big benefit since the desktop version is not at all accessible unless that changed again recently and I don’t think it has.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kwork
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] UWA Bulletin: another desktop app conversion - iCloud for Windows is now available on Microsoft Store #UniversalApps

I certainly find that true with iTunes, as an example, and the Microsoft store version is less clunky than the stand-alone application.

Travis

On 6/11/2019 7:44 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

The biggest benefit is that due to how these apps are packaged, there will be minimal to no residue when removing the app.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Mann
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 7:44 PM

Is there any benefit of using this version of iCloud over the desktop app?

On Jun 11, 2019, at 7:10 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

A few days ago I noted that Thunderbird (unofficial version) showed up on Microsoft Store. This time, an official version of Apple’s iCloud for Windows showed up on Microsoft Store:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/06/11/apples-all-new-icloud-for-windows-app-now-available-in-the-microsoft-store/

Cheers,

Joseph

Join winaccess@winaccess.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.