Alt-f4 not always closing a list in windows Explorer

Ann Byrne

In the last few weeks--after I don't know which update--alt-f4 often does not close a file. Additionally, file lists such as documents are often announced to be unavailable. I thought it might be because one instance was already open and windows was telling me to go there instead of opening a second instance, but I'm not sure that is true.

I believe these to be Windows problems, not JAWS, but it's possible that it's JAWS somehow.

Can anyone shed some light on this. My students are also getting the unavailable announcement.

Thanks,

Ann