Re: Getting ready for 2020 #admingreetings

Ron Kolesar

I have to echo my good friend David’s words in thank Joe for sharing all of his windows knowledge with us.
I’ve learn oh so much in the short time I’ve been a win 10 user.
Many thanks to you once again Joe.
Wishing all on the list a Very Happy New Year.
Ron KR3DOG

Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 18:12
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Getting ready for 2020 #AdminGreetings

Yes Joseph!

You did a great job running this list, and it is so nice to know you are keeping us up to date with the latest!

That means so much!

I can’t imagine how I went without your information and help for so many years!

You have made me half tecky LOL!

Happy New Year to all, and I look forward to the list being just the same in 2020.

I have no suggestions, because this is already such a great list!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Getting ready for 2020 #AdminGreetings

Hi, Joseph,

A very happy new year to you and everyone on list. You did a great job in running this forum. May 2020 be a better year for us all.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, December 30, 2019 10:05 PM
Subject: [win10] Getting ready for 2020 #AdminGreetings

Hello Win10 forum family,

As New Zealand and other countries close to international date line are few hours away from celebrating New Year’s Day, I would like to wish you all a happy 2020. As your head list representative (forum owner and head moderator), I’m glad to see that 2019 has been a transformative year for this forum. May 2020 be an exciting year for you all.

Around this time in 2018, I said this forum will see growth in 2019, and it looks like we are a few people shy of 600. I also noted that 2019’s growth will be mostly driven by people moving from older Windows releases to Windows 10, and it appears that also came to pass.

Looking forward to 2020, I predict more growth, discussions around upcoming feature updates and moving to Windows 10, and much more. Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 are about to go out the pasture for consumers in January, which will usher in an era marked by anxiety, apprehension, and initial confusion. More than ever, the unity of this forum is advised – as much as we will meet new people, the most impactful thing this forum cluster can do is show that we are willing to help, especially those who will be asking us to guide them every step along the way. This scenario will repeat itself in 2023 as Windows 8.1 and related technologies become history.

Something else to look forward to in 2020: hopefully a new head list representative in charge around this time next year. As some of you may know by now, I’m about to retire from actively leading this forum (another person is in charge of Insiders subgroup). I feel that four to five years is about the right time for a person to lead a forum, especially an active forum as this. To give the next group of people a chance to serve the forum, and for me to concentrate on more important things in life as I turn 30 next February, I’ll start head list representative election process, which will take place throughout January (expect an email from me with details next week). To give you an idea as to qualifications, you must be at least 21 years old or considered an adult in your country, whichever is older (as of January 1, 2020), and have been actively using Windows 10 for at least three years (at least around the time Anniversary Update shipped in August 2016 onwards) together with at least two screen readers; there are more things to keep in mind, which will be announced when call for nominations are sent out in January.

For people celebrating it, Happy New Year.

Cheers,

Joseph

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,From
Ron Kolesar
Volunteer Certified Licensed Emergency Communications Station
And
Volunteer Certified Licensed Ham Radio Station
With the Call Sign of KR3DOG

Join winaccess@winaccess.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.