Re: Using sync settings in Edge

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 03:18 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
And you can happily log in to Windows with a Microsoft Id and password and without internet connectivity for weeks and months on end
Yep, though that is a separate issue.

What's really tricky, though, is that you can reset your Microsoft Account password, which will propagate down to the Windows 10 MS Account Linked User Account the first time you enter the new one, but not before.  So you can also go for months and months and months with a different password on your Windows 10 MS Account Linked User Account and actual MS Account so long as you do not enter the new one from the MS Account when logging in to Windows 10.   Not that there's really much purpose in doing so, but I've known a couple of people who virtually demanded different passwords, and this is how I set them up after discovering this by accident.