Re: Windows Latest: latest pre-release cumulative update for Version 2004 confirms 20H2 will be a minor update #wintendev

Great, so to avoid all these slowdowns I guess we all need 9th and 10th generation chips then for all that security.

Thank goodness I have an amd workstation.

On 20/05/2020 9:09 pm, enes sarıbaş wrote:
These are more spectre microcode updates.  Probably going to be even more slowdowns.
On 5/19/2020 3:49 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:

I got that notification from sources I read to.

Also on the subject of latest, there are intel microcode updates released today for windows, and while these are small, the fact microsoft hasn't released any more optionals this month probably means these are critical for the upgrade to the next version.

On 20/05/2020 8:33 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

For a while observers were saying that the feature update after May 2020 Update (Version 2004) will be a minor release similar to Version 1909. It appears the latest pre-release cumulative update for Version 2004 (released last Tuesday) confirms it, as explained in the following Windows Latest article:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/05/16/windows-10-v2004-cu-confirms-20h2-would-be-a-minor-release/

If this is indeed the case, the next few months will be a repeat of last year.