Re: microsoft + nuance

Jason White

The media reports I’ve read can most straightforwardly be interpreted as indicating that Microsoft acquired Nuance in its entirety. The reports that I’ve read so far, however, concentrate on speech recognition and machine learning technologies as what Microsoft would be interested in, with no mention of text to speech or optical character recognition.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...>
Date: Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 14:59
To: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@...>
Subject: Re: [win10] microsoft + nuance

Hi,

Nuance did more than release speech synthesizers. What Microsoft was interested in might not be speech synthesis technology, but other parts of Nuance Communications. If that’s the case, I expect speech synthesis technology would be part of a different company, which means Vocalizer family might not come to Windows by default.