Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000 released, clarifications on system requirements from Microsoft, forum rename proposal update #win11 #insiderbuilds

Hi all,

Normally Insider Preview build announcements are reserved for insiders subgroup, but I’m making an exception as it is important for everyone to read the following posts:

Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000 is now available for Insiders subscribed to dev channel:

Announcing the first Insider Preview for Windows 11 | Windows Insider Blog

Also, Windows Insider team (from Microsoft ) clarified system requirements for Windows 11, along with temporarily removing PC Health Check app due to confusion it has caused:

Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements | Windows Insider Blog

As a reminder from last week, I have instructed resident Windows Insiders to share their findings here (on the parent forum) so folks can be aware of what is to come.

Speaking of what is to come, forum rename proposal is still ongoing – the proposal window will close on June 30, 2021 at 23:59 UTC (4:59 PM Pacific, 7:59 PM Eastern and elsewhere). Please reply to the proposal thread (not this thread) so the leadership team (I, Nimer, Austin) can read your suggestions in one place. Next week, a poll will be created to let you choose the forum name that will best represent the purpose of this forum and the forum’s direction for years to come. Whichever name gets most votes by July 12, 2021 will be chosen as the forum name, complete with aliases.

A surprise bonus: sometime in July I will release the archive of the old NVDA-WinTen Freelists forum as a zipped text file archive so you can browse the complete history of our forum in one go (October 2014 to early 2016: files, October 2015 onwards: forum archive).

Cheers,

ZJoseph