Re: Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000 released, clarifications on system requirements from Microsoft, forum rename proposal update #win11 #insiderbuilds

Daniel MacDonald

hello all

Onwhat does it mean when the pc helth check app is blocked from
downloading? I read all the blog posts and the FAQ and theb post on
the microsoft answers forum, and couldn't find anything, so I thought
of this list. I hope it doesn't mean that my PC does not meet the
requirements.
regards,
Daniel
6/28/21, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Normally Insider Preview build announcements are reserved for insiders
subgroup, but I'm making an exception as it is important for everyone to
read the following posts:

Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000 is now available for Insiders
subscribed to dev channel:

Announcing the first Insider Preview for Windows 11 | Windows Insider Blog
<https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/28/announcing-the-first-i
nsider-preview-for-windows-11/>

Also, Windows Insider team (from Microsoft ) clarified system requirements
for Windows 11, along with temporarily removing PC Health Check app due to
confusion it has caused:

Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements | Windows Insider Blog
<https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/28/update-on-windows-11-m
inimum-system-requirements/>

As a reminder from last week, I have instructed resident Windows Insiders
share their findings here (on the parent forum) so folks can be aware of
what is to come.

Speaking of what is to come, forum rename proposal is still ongoing - the
proposal window will close on June 30, 2021 at 23:59 UTC (4:59 PM Pacific,
7:59 PM Eastern and elsewhere). Please reply to the proposal thread (not
this thread) so the leadership team (I, Nimer, Austin) can read your
suggestions in one place. Next week, a poll will be created to let you
choose the forum name that will best represent the purpose of this forum
and
the forum's direction for years to come. Whichever name gets most votes by
July 12, 2021 will be chosen as the forum name, complete with aliases.

A surprise bonus: sometime in July I will release the archive of the old
NVDA-WinTen Freelists forum as a zipped text file archive so you can browse
the complete history of our forum in one go (October 2014 to early 2016:
files, October 2015 onwards: forum archive).

Cheers,

ZJoseph