Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [winaccess] can't download Microsoft Office

I've had Smart Screen block programs from installing, but there was always a way to tell Windows I wanted to install the program anyway. I haven't had to do this in a while, so my memory may be faulty, but I think if you pressed the info button on the screen, you would find the option to proceed with the installation. I would think there would be a similar setting for downloads that are being blocked. When the program is blocked, does Windows inform you via a pop-up dialogue? You may want to go hunting around in there to see if you can find an info button or link. I'm hoping you can get this unblocked. I may be totally off base here, but I thought I'd put in my two cents, just in case they lead to a resolution for you.

Thanks,
Ari

On Jul 17, 2021, at 6:21 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Vicki. There is also a setting in Microsoft Edge under the category, Privacy, Search and Services. It is called,

Microsoft Defender SmartScree

Help protect me from malicious sites and downloads with Microsoft Defender SmartScreen.

If this is checked, it can also block downloads.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...