Re: JAWS support for Windows

valiant8086

Hi.

Very few computers that shipped with Windows 7 are unable to run Windows 10, so maybe it would just be time to upgrade that, and it might be a free upgrade, though the waters are kind of muddy about that. I've done it successfully without having to activate, but I'm not entirely sure whether when I did might have been a special case or not. Mostly I'm wondering what FS is dropping that means JAWS can't run on Win7 anymore. If they're ditching the old display mirroring technology that provides access for things for me now on Windows 11 that no other screen reader manages to do, I'll be pretty bothered. Hopefully it's all good news for the rest of us though.

On 7/18/2021 8:50 AM, Mike B. wrote:

Yes Immigrant, that was exactly the case, but like I stated in another post I sure would be mad if I only had Windows 7 computers and already paid for J2022 and couldn't afford a Windows 10 or 11 computer.  Thank you very much for the explanation.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2021 10:00 PM
Subject: [winaccess] JAWS support for Windows

I remember when FS, I think it was JAWS 16, announced that the JAWS version about to be released would not have any support for Windows XP. XP at that time was no longer supported by Microsoft. I think the JAWS version in question simply did not install on XP computers, the installer generated an error. Not totally sure on that, but this could be the scenario.