Re: does narrator work before windows loads?

Daniel MacDonald

Hello,

the ability for Narreator to speak during windows updates in dependent on your audio drivers. I had a early 2012 iMac which when windows was installed via Bootcamp, Narrator spoke a few second after the install button was pressed after restart. This particular iMac had nvidia drivers which windows recognized. All other mac I put windows on had intel audio drivers which do not work rate away. I have a dell now, and I was Gaulish and installed the intel driver and support assistant, so narrator doesn’t start rate away, but if I can get the drivers from dell reinstalled I’ll test and write to this list. What audio drivers do you have?
Regards,
Daniel

On Aug 11, 2021, at 6:42 PM, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:

Hi Troy,

Below, you will find directions on how to set up narrator.
I saved this info from a message from Chris on this or another list.
Thanks Chris, sorry I for got yur last name.

Here is the info;