Re: Hiding a Try Again Button

Daniel MacDonald

That makes sense. Windows 11 requires specific processors to work natively through official channels. However, there are some who install it on unsupported hardware. I do not recamend this unless you are a competent windows user and can troubleshoot issues. My computer meets the windows 11 requirements, as I bought it in 2020.

On Feb 9, 2022, at 10:56 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

I thought about upgrading but when I called the Microsoft disability line, the girl there said I couldn’t upgrade because it’s an older computer I have. I bought it in 2016.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Daniel MacDonald
Sent: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 2:41 PM
To: winaccess@winaccess.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WinAccess] Hiding a Try Again Button

I don’t know why so many don’t want to upgrade to Windows 11. I’ve been running it since dev beta 1 in the windows insider program. It is not all that different. Somethings crash, like Sero, but really you should upgrade. I’m running windows 11 with JAWS 2018, which is not even supposed to work with it. I don’t have many issues, accept for JAWS not reading the search results in the start menu, but Narrator and NVDA do so that’s fine. And remember, if you upgrade and don’t like it, or find a peice of software incompatible, you have ten days to roal back.

On Feb 9, 2022, at 1:15 PM, Mike B. <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi Hareth,

I will let you know, but it might not be for a couple of weeks.  We have to go to our other house while some work is being done on this house.  Since this laptop doesn't have a CD / DVD tray I can't run my PE Talking Installer disc and I have a USB drive at the other house.  Thanks again for your input.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool