Re: UWA Bulletin: Bank of America app is accessible except for some unlabeled buttons and markup in list items #universalapps #a11y

Hi,

A major problem found: certain parts of the app are inaccessible to keyboard users. This is prevalent if you try to make a single payment (you need to perform mouse clicks to display parts of this screen such as pay from and others).

From: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:51 PM
To: 'win10@groups.io' <win10@groups.io>
Subject: UWA Bulletin: Bank of America app is accessible except for some unlabeled buttons and markup in list items #UniversalApps #A11Y

Hi Windows 10 users, developers and observers, particularly Bank of America customers,

As a BofA customer, I am excited that we now have a UWP version of Bank of America app (released a few days ago), and it turns out it is very accessible apart from the following issues:

·         Unlabeled buttons: Certain buttons such as sign-in button isn’t labeled correctly.

·         Odd markup in list items: when you go through accounts, you’ll notice NVDA and other screen readers announcing odd things. You can use object navigation/touch cursor/item navigation to read the actual information.

In a way, this is similar to Twitter app[ situation where that app also exhibits same problems. I’ll cook up something for this app soon (at least for NVDA users, and I’m hoping that resident JAWS and Window-Eyes scripters could also help out here).