Re: Federal Government Employment and Accommodations

Daniel MacDonald

If I were you, I’d contact Doug Lee, and pay him to make JAWS scripts for this soft phone program. You could even request that as one of your accommodations. His site is dlee.org, and he has a link entitledmy professional scripting work.

On Jun 10, 2022, at 11:20 AM, Dave Grossoehme <dave@...> wrote:

What Soft Phone program are they using? It's possible that there are scripts written for the soft phone program.

Dave

On 6/10/2022 1:16 AM, Claudia wrote:
Hello All,

I just began a new job this week, with the federal government.
I have requested the following accommodations, JFW, a braille display, such as the Focus 40 Blue and an iPhone thus far.

I have already found the following issues. They use Adobe a great deal, so I need something that I can use to fill out forms? Is this doable, even with using something like Adobe Acrobat DC?
I have sent myself some of the required forms to my private e-mail and have been able to open them with my iPhone, but I'm not sure I can fill them out this way.

If I've requested JFW, is there any potential reason why I'd also need Kurzweil, seeing as JFW has the built-in OCR?

The department I work for also uses a Soft Phone system, which I'm told will not be accessible, so I've requested an iPhone as an alternative.

They have offered me a reader, but I don't see myself needing that enough to justify that expense for the department as well. I successfully did this job, at a state level, with minor issues, for 10 years.

If you'd rather not clutter up the list, please feel free to e-mail me directly.
Claudiadr2013@...
Thanks.

Claudia