UWA Bulletin: say hello to iTunes on Microsoft Store #universalapps

Hi all,

For those who haven’t seen this before: from time to time, UWA (Universal Windows App) Bulletins are published to let you know of app releases, accessibility testing results for apps and what not.

Last year, Microsoft announced that Apple is developing a Windows Store version of iTunes. Today, when you search for “iTunes” on Microsoft Store, you’ll find it.

As this is a converted desktop app, accessibility ratings from classic version still applies.

Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PB2MZ1ZMB1S

Enjoy.

I wonder if this can actually be “enjoyed”?

For those who haven’t seen this before: from time to time, UWA (Universal Windows App) Bulletins are published to let you know of app releases, accessibility testing results for apps and what not.

Last year, Microsoft announced that Apple is developing a Windows Store version of iTunes. Today, when you search for “iTunes” on Microsoft Store, you’ll find it.

As this is a converted desktop app, accessibility ratings from classic version still applies.

Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PB2MZ1ZMB1S

Enjoy.

Lino Morales

Hi Cagard. Don’t know how to pronounce your name. It works fine. Its just like the desktop app. Nothing different.

Lino Morales

I wonder if this can actually be “enjoyed”?

For those who haven’t seen this before: from time to time, UWA (Universal Windows App) Bulletins are published to let you know of app releases, accessibility testing results for apps and what not.

Last year, Microsoft announced that Apple is developing a Windows Store version of iTunes. Today, when you search for “iTunes” on Microsoft Store, you’ll find it.

As this is a converted desktop app, accessibility ratings from classic version still applies.

Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PB2MZ1ZMB1S

Enjoy.

Cher

Joseph- Can this version be used for all the same tasks and syncing as the Apple version? Do you have any information comparing accessibility? Thanks for any additional info.

Cher

For those who haven’t seen this before: from time to time, UWA (Universal Windows App) Bulletins are published to let you know of app releases, accessibility testing results for apps and what not.

Last year, Microsoft announced that Apple is developing a Windows Store version of iTunes. Today, when you search for “iTunes” on Microsoft Store, you’ll find it.

As this is a converted desktop app, accessibility ratings from classic version still applies.

Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PB2MZ1ZMB1S

Enjoy.

If you were used to classic iTunes (the installer version from Apple), then yes, it’s the same (except for some internal differences). In reality, iTunes on Microsoft Store is the desktop iTunes version converted (repackaged) for distribution on the Store. As it is a converted desktop app, you’ll find that it feels almost like using the old iTunes versions except one or two things might not appear to work due to internal limitations.

Joseph- Can this version be used for all the same tasks and syncing as the Apple version? Do you have any information comparing accessibility? Thanks for any additional info.

Cher

For those who haven’t seen this before: from time to time, UWA (Universal Windows App) Bulletins are published to let you know of app releases, accessibility testing results for apps and what not.

Last year, Microsoft announced that Apple is developing a Windows Store version of iTunes. Today, when you search for “iTunes” on Microsoft Store, you’ll find it.

As this is a converted desktop app, accessibility ratings from classic version still applies.

Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PB2MZ1ZMB1S

Enjoy.

g melconian <gmelconian619@...>

Will both screenreders NVDA and jaws work with the windows universal app of I tunes.

[...]

Jaws does for sure, I actually expected more of a UWP experience having to use the touch cursor etc., but as Joseph pointed out, it appears they have just repackaged the desktop version for the Store. I was actually a bit shocked when I saw that it was well over 400 Mb, I believe that is much bigger than the desktop version. When I tried to install it I was told that the desktop version first had to be uninstalled which it did. Anyhow, I use iTunes so rarely these days that I probably wouldn’t even install it any more if it weren’t for the fact that it is still the easiest way to get some custom ringtones onto the phone.