Windows 10 and turning off background apps

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Curtis Delzer

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:
Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

David Moore

Hi,
Here is how you turn off the background apps. First, press windows key + I to open the settings area. Next, go to privacy and press enter. Now, down arrow until you get to background apps and press enter. Now, start tabbing. As you tab, you will hear a different background app each time you tab. If it just says button, it is already turned off and you don’t need to do anything. However, if it says button check, you need to press the space bar to turn off that app. Just keep tabbing and pressing space bar on each one that says checked to uncheck the app. You will end up at the home button. Just close out of settings and you are done. Let me know how this works. Have a great one.

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 and turning off background apps

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:
Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Lino Morales

Howdy. Go to setting with WIN plus I. Then use your arrows to privacy. Then arrow down or hit the end key to background apps then press enter. Then finally you uncheck the apps you don't want running.

On 12/2/2015 4:32 AM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:
Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Mark Furness

Each time I would space bar, I was thrown back to the beginning.
Not a big deal but a real pain in the (you can pick what ever body part you desire)

Mark

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:
Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Jim Ruby <jim@...>

Were you using window-eyes by chance? Same thing happen to me see my previous email.

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Jim Ruby <jim@...>

Hi,

This is great, but window-eyes will say if they are on or off, if they are on though you hit the space bar to toggle them, then you have to tab back through them all to get to the next one that is on. It don’t remember where you last prest the space bar.

Thanks.

Howdy. Go to setting with WIN plus I. Then use your arrows to privacy. Then arrow down or hit the end key to background apps then press enter. Then finally you uncheck the apps you don't want running.

On 12/2/2015 4:32 AM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Roger Stewart

This also happened to me and I'm using NVDA. I don't think it has anything to do with screen readers.  Win 10 just resets focus like that by itself.

Roger

On 12/2/2015 1:03 PM, Jim Ruby wrote:

[...]

Confirmed, this happens in Narrator as well. Unless if Microsoft didn’t receive a feedback about this, it’s time to file one…

Howdy. Go to setting with WIN plus I. Then use your arrows to privacy. Then arrow down or hit the end key to background apps then press enter. Then finally you uncheck the apps you don't want running.

On 12/2/2015 4:32 AM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Mike and Jenna <schwaltze@...>

Hi,

Watch with some updates they will turn them back on.

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

David Moore

Hi all,
You are all correct. Each time you uncheck an app, you get taken back to the home button. You have to tab back to the next one. It is something I take in stride and forgot to tell everyone. There are going to be weird things happening like that in win10 for a long time. For me, that is what makes using a computer so much fun. You never know what adventure you are going to have. Have a great one.

Howdy. Go to setting with WIN plus I. Then use your arrows to privacy. Then arrow down or hit the end key to background apps then press enter. Then finally you uncheck the apps you don't want running.

On 12/2/2015 4:32 AM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

David Moore

Hi all,
It happens with all screen readers. It is something with win10. David Moore (win10 list moderator)

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Mark Furness

No, I was using Jaws 17.

Mark

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Mike and Jenna <schwaltze@...>

Hi,

Jaws does the same thing.

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Robert Mendoza <rbmendoza@...>

Me either have the same experience when pressing space bar to select certain apps. Kinda odd because you need to back to the top, instead in the next items. Not so sure if this is a bug from nvda that needs for work around. Not big deal from my end though but quite annoying somehow.
Sincerely,

Robert Mendoza
Skype ID: rbmendoza2
On 12/3/2015 7:47 AM, Mike and Jenna wrote:

Hi,

Jaws does the same thing.

Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:32 AM

wow, that is one I sure did miss. how is it done?

At 11:59 PM 11/15/2015, you wrote:

Hi all

I'm not sure if it's this list now or another one, but someone shared a tip to turn off all background apps as they are not needed. Until now, I left them alone because didn't know what would happen if messed around in there. Now I have turned them off, the laptop has suddenly sped up from the start. Thanks to whoever shared this tip, very much appreciated.

Curtis Delzer

thanks David, though I still have a very slow hitch during boot.