Windows 10 Anniversary Update: final build number is... build 14393! #w10mobile #w10pc #WinTenOld

Dear current and prospective users of Windows 10 series, Microsoft staff, screen reader developers and others:

Based on various sources: When you check for update on August 2 or later, you’ll meet an entry inviting you to upgrade to Windows 10 build 14393 (Version 1607), otherwise known as Anniversary Update. The relevant information and review articles can be found at:

·         Windows Blogs (for Insiders): Announcing Windows 10 Insider Build 14393 (Dona Sarkar): https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/07/18/build14393/

·         Windows Central: Anniversary Update Review (Daniel Rubino and Zac Bowden): http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-anniversary-update

·         Ars Technica: Anniversary Update is ready to go and is free for just a few more days (Peter Bright): http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/07/windows-10-anniversary-update-is-ready-to-go-and-free-for-just-a-few-more-days/

Build 14393:

·         Available to almost all Windows Insiders (exception is Release Preview).

·         Cumulative updates were released: KB3176925 (14393.3), KB3176927 (14393.5).

·         No further builds were spotted beyond 14393 in branches tracked by various sites (Build Feed, for example).

·         Destined for desktops, laptops, hybrids, tablets, smartphones, Xbox One/One S, and servers. This means this build was compiled into various editions and variants, including Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Xbox OS and Windows Server 2016.

As of this moment our forum and subgroups has entered Redstone 1 phase. This means:

·         Discussion on build 14393 is fully open.

·         Info on our wiki pages will be updated to include Anniversary Update changes.

·         #WinTen1607 and #WinTenAnnivUpdate hashtags are no longer required (technically, it’ll be required until August 2nd to differentiate this from Version 1511 topics).

·         From August 2nd onwards, #KBAlert will refer to cumulative updates for Anniversary Update.

Also, a word of congratulations to Microsoft on arriving at this milestone. Although there are rooms for improvement, it is impressive to see how far Windows 10 has come. We (users, screen reader developers, Insiders and others) look forward to working with you during Redstone 2 development.

For users: the more we give feedback, we can make sure our voices are heard, which includes feedback on accessibility of the operating system and its features, apps and so on. You can send feedback via email, Feedback hub app (for Insiders), and via other channels.

bob jutzi <jutzi@...>

I run Insider Preview so already am running 14393.5 but still notice no real improvement with Edge accessibility.  Also, the only new Narrator voice is Mark.  Is this what we can expect or are there other accessibility improvements which will only be available once the final Anniversary update is pushed to Windows Update?

[...]

The biggest change for some would be partial return of first letter navigation in Start Menu (you can now move to the first app that starts with that letter in all apps list). UI Automation has improved somewhat, and on my laptop, I noticed Tablet Mode is much more responsive. At least Lasspass extension is usable, and Narrator includes a mode to let developers test keyboard accessibility of apps (simulating how a screen reader user would use an app and other improvements).

[...]

RJ Sandefur <manbatsandefur@...>

 So my  computer will not update automatically on August  the second?  RJ

On 7/26/2016 2:28 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

It’ll be going out to different people at different times.

[...]

Will NV acess be releacing a new version of NVDA on the second of aug?
What if anything should I tell my niece in order to prepare her forthe
update? RJ

Hi,
The next version of NVDA is scheduled for later in August, with necessary
infrastructure in place to support Anniversary Update before then (this
weekend at the latest).