Free upgrade comes to an end, Friday, 29 July 2016 #cal-notice

Win10 Calendar <noreply@...>

Invitation:
Free upgrade comes to an end

When:
Friday, 29 July 2016

Where:
Worldwide

According to Microsoft, this is the day when free upgrade from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 to 10 ends. An extension was promised for screen reader users. More info will be provided once it becomes available. Thank you.

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

so, on the 30th or on the 29th.

According to Microsoft, this is the day when free upgrade from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 to 10 ends. An extension was promised for screen reader users. More info will be provided once it becomes available. Thank you.

Hi,

Today for most (I’m hoping MS will announce something).

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:28 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Today for most (I’m hoping MS will announce something).

I'm not holding my breath.  I think they'll be handling this on a "case-by-case" basis for people who call the Accessibility Help Line after the deadline.  It seems to me that if they'd wanted to make an announcement in a big way, even if through specific channels, they'd have done so by now.

--
Brian

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Luis Carlos González Moráles

Well zoomtext now works with windows 10 aniversary.

Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:28 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Today for most (I’m hoping MS will announce something).

I'm not holding my breath.  I think they'll be handling this on a "case-by-case" basis for people who call the Accessibility Help Line after the deadline.  It seems to me that if they'd wanted to make an announcement in a big way, even if through specific channels, they'd have done so by now.

--
Brian

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Larry Wayland

I have been in touch with people on the  disability line over the last several days. They assured me that the free upgrade for disabled people would last until the end of the year.

I agree with you, I think it will be on a person to person bases.  They also said even if you were only using Narrator this statement would still be good.

Larry

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:28 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Today for most (I’m hoping MS will announce something).

I'm not holding my breath.  I think they'll be handling this on a "case-by-case" basis for people who call the Accessibility Help Line after the deadline.  It seems to me that if they'd wanted to make an announcement in a big way, even if through specific channels, they'd have done so by now.

--
Brian

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Larry,

           Looks like we were both wrong, though there's nothing like going down to the wire before making an official announcement!

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles wrote, ""Well zoomtext now works with windows 10 anniversary."

           Were you having difficulty before?   I've run it under Win10 emulation on a Mac that is a "pre-anniversary" environment and had no issues.

--
Brian

      ~ Anton Chekhov

Larry Wayland