Using Internet explorer instead of Edge.

Sadam Ahmed

Hi all,

Can anyone assist with the below.

I'd like to use Internet explorer for browsing the web as Edge is still not accessible with screen readers.

I have made the changes but it's still using Edge when I click on links.

How to use IE instead of Edge?

Yours sincerely,

Sadam
--

Sadam Ahmed
Vocational education student

Certificate IV in International Trade

College of Business

RMIT University

After today I have decided ie in 10 just sucks.
I'd personally use firefox.
I have just had to do an emergency update of the printers for the network because my brother that was going away tomorrow couldn't get the thing working.
I tried all systems, on all of my win7 units it works in 10, the hp site just sprang errors and funny chars like zcld5890we8ir0wu3t3g8zwe4sidufojkf35798ds or something.
It then got to eventually the downloading of the drivers, unlabeled buttons to access the download, I know vary well this opens hp's own download manager but I know that I can just save the file usually.
The unit had chrome so I coppied the address from ie, put it in chrome, coppied the download link, put it in ie and saved the file well since I was not sure how just opened it and installed the driver.
Unless some stuff in win10 aniversary is just not compatible with some sites ie is a piece of forking junk, use firefox if you can.
Sadly links will still open in edge and your searches, for chrome there are ways round that but you have to bridge it, I am not sure about firefox but there is probably a way.

On 3/08/2016 8:46 p.m., Lists wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone assist with the below.

I'd like to use Internet explorer for browsing the web as Edge is still
not accessible with screen readers.

I have made the changes but it's still using Edge when I click on links.

How to use IE instead of Edge?

Yours sincerely,

Sadam

Steve Griffiths

To default to Internet Explorer, type "internet options" without the quotes into the start menu.
Ctrl + Tab to the Programs page.
For the first option, "Choose how you open links", choose "Always in Internet Explorer on the desktop".
Check the second option, "open Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop".
Press Enter to close the dialogue and you should be done.

Enjoy,
Steve

I'd like to use Internet explorer for browsing the web as Edge is still not accessible with screen readers.

I have made the changes but it's still using Edge when I click on links.

How to use IE instead of Edge?

Yours sincerely,

Sadam
--

Sadam Ahmed

Vocational education student

Certificate IV in International Trade

College of Business

RMIT University

Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Website: www.guidedogs.org.uk
Email: guidedogs@...