Skype 8 is here to stay #msftenable

Hi all,

Looks like Skype 8 is here to stay, and Microsoft has published a guide for screen reader users moving from Skype 6 or 7 to Skype 8:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-a-screen-reader-to-move-from-skype-version-6-or-7-to-skype-version-8-3f8a173f-21ca-414e-84ce-41e94fd7958b

Sarah k Alawami

Thanks. I just forwareded that onto my skype english list. I'm sure I'm going to have a fun time reasing complaints again, not about me but about skype.

Take care all and have a happy Saturday.

On 2 Nov 2018, at 10:39, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Looks like Skype 8 is here to stay, and Microsoft has published a guide for screen reader users moving from Skype 6 or 7 to Skype 8:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-a-screen-reader-to-move-from-skype-version-6-or-7-to-skype-version-8-3f8a173f-21ca-414e-84ce-41e94fd7958b

Sadam Ahmed

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for posting that  info, Most helpful.

Best,

Sadam Ahmed

On 11/4/2018 3:58 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Thanks. I just forwareded that onto my skype english list. I'm sure I'm going to have a fun time reasing complaints again, not about me but about skype.

Take care all and have a happy Saturday.

On 2 Nov 2018, at 10:39, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Looks like Skype 8 is here to stay, and Microsoft has published a guide for screen reader users moving from Skype 6 or 7 to Skype 8:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-a-screen-reader-to-move-from-skype-version-6-or-7-to-skype-version-8-3f8a173f-21ca-414e-84ce-41e94fd7958b

Yours sincerely,
Sadam Ahmed

JAWS Certified, 2018.

Watch my Windows 10 story on YouTube

FaceTime, iMessage & email: sadam@...

Ping Me On Facebook: Sadam Ahmed On Facebook

Ping Me On Skype: Call Sadam Ahmed On Skype

Sarah k Alawami

Just got a report on the list I forwarded to aht the link gave a 404.

Take care

On 3 Nov 2018, at 10:22, Sadam Ahmed wrote:

[...]

The link Joseph posted works fine, it must have gotten broken up or something when you posted it. This is why it is much better to go to the link, then go to the address bar of your browser, copy the link and then when you send it to another list either paste it or make an actual link like this:

Use a screen reader to move from Skype version 6 or 7 to Skype version 8

Regards,

Sieghard

[...]

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Just giving this topic a bump since questions about classic Skype are popping up again.  The following, originally posted by Joseph Lee, is directly relevant:

               Use a screen reader to move from Skype version 6 or 7 to Skype version 8

There is also an active thread on the NVDA group, Skype ver 8.33, that may be of interest to read through.

     You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

               ~ Anne Lamott