For resident programmers: Modern Calculator (UWP) is open source now #universalapps

Hi all,

I do know for the fact that we have programmers on this forum cluster, hence the following:

\

Today Microsoft open-sourced Modern Calculator (UWP). You can take a look at this MIT licensed code from:

https://github.com/microsoft/calculator

I imagine this would be a valuable resource for screen reader vendors as we identify and report issues with Calculator with our screen readers, and a chance to see how this app operates behind the scenes (hence the hashtag).

Hmph.

Ms have a github repo?

Never knew about this till now, I am gona have a fiddle round and see what they have up.

To be honest, when ms got github, people were concerned what would happen with it, would it close, a lot of speculation.

But it does appear as well as them keeping it business as usual, they have a piece of the opensource pie, which means I will look at it.

What I really hope is they opensource narator or at least parts of it, so that others can bring it up to what it should be and not what it is currently.

On 7/03/2019 5:12 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

I do know for the fact that we have programmers on this forum cluster, hence the following:

\

Today Microsoft open-sourced Modern Calculator (UWP). You can take a look at this MIT licensed code from:

https://github.com/microsoft/calculator

I imagine this would be a valuable resource for screen reader vendors as we identify and report issues with Calculator with our screen readers, and a chance to see how this app operates behind the scenes (hence the hashtag).

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  Microsoft has a good many github repos.  One of them that I know of is the DirectX toolkit.  They also have some for visual studio addons.  Cheers!