hp 630 wi fi button doesn't work in win10

enes sarıbaş

Hi all,

I did a clean install upgrading my dad's pc to an SSD. However, at some point the hardware wi fi switch disabled itself.

This happened before, and I had fixed it by hitting the key repeatidly. However, now when I hit the key, it turns on and off airplane mode. My wi fi remains disabled.

 Normally, f12 or fn+f12 enables or disables the wi fi on this laptop. Some people in some forums recommend booting into win7 installation media, turning on the key, and then going back into win10.  I did try the talking win7 pe, with no luck. Does anyone know of a possible solution to this? It is very annoying.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Hi, FN + F12 is a software switch. A hardware switch is a physiclal slider or button. You should be able to go into the BIOS and see if it has been reassigned or disabled. Win 10 can do more in the bios than older versions of windows ever could.

On 7/11/2019 4:39 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
Hi all,

I did a clean install upgrading my dad's pc to an SSD. However, at some point the hardware wi fi switch disabled itself.

This happened before, and I had fixed it by hitting the key repeatidly. However, now when I hit the key, it turns on and off airplane mode. My wi fi remains disabled.

 Normally, f12 or fn+f12 enables or disables the wi fi on this laptop. Some people in some forums recommend booting into win7 installation media, turning on the key, and then going back into win10.  I did try the talking win7 pe, with no luck. Does anyone know of a possible solution to this? It is very annoying.

enes sarıbaş

Hi,

Sadly there is no option to disable or change the key in the bios. However,  I fixed it by pressing the key before windows booted.

On 7/13/2019 3:32 AM, Randy Barnett wrote:
[...]

That's strange… That's a bug worth reporting to MS I would say.

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique