interesting issue with win 10.

Mike Capelle <mikecapelle02@...>

Hello all.
Sometimes, when I restart my computer, IE launches.
How do I stop this?

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Mike. I can't think of any other reason than the following which might
be causing Internet Explorer to launch after a restart:

Make sure that, under Windows Explorer File Options, in the View menu, in
the tree list of options,

Restore previous folder windows at logon is turned off.

Otherwise, if this continues to happen, you might want to first, go into,
Turn Windows Features on and off, and uncheck Internet Explorer. Then
restart your computer, go back to Turn Windows Features on and off, and
re-check Internet Explorer. I have seen Internet Explorer become corrupted
or unusable in Windows 10. The previous procedure is the only way to restore
it, since you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows. It is part of
Windows 10.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

Sometimes, when I restart my computer, IE launches.
How do I stop this?

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Well actually when you uncheck it in programs and features you are on installing it. That's why I'm checking it restarted and rechecking it basically fixes it because you uninstalled it and you reinstalled it. You might also want to check in your start up menu and then go to startup under the start menu. Make sure there aren't any programs in there that might bring up i.e.

Randy Barnett owner of soundtique