Windows 10 PC version on ARM processors: no longer a dream, it is actually under development #w10pc

Hi all,

Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10 for PC’s that’s powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at least announced to hardware partners today).

The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-portable-pcs-hell-yes

Kevin Chao

Will screen readers like NVDA run on ARM?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 10:01 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10 for PC’s that’s powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at least announced to hardware partners today).

The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-portable-pcs-hell-yes

A Win32 x86 emulation layer will be used for this (I too am a bit worried about accessibility API’s).

Will screen readers like NVDA run on ARM?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 10:01 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10 for PC’s that’s powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at least announced to hardware partners today).

The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-portable-pcs-hell-yes

No, different processer etc.
Technically nvda could if it was written

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 10:01 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some
enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows
10 for PC’s that’s powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening
(at least announced to hardware partners today).

The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-portable-pcs-hell-yes

Well technically if its a full pc version anything should run with it.
Weather the processer will be able to handle it is the different thing.
But if I can run win10 on my mobile phone with my pc apps to an extent I am getting it, just think I could use my hard drive on my mobile phone, I could use my keyboard full size on my mobile phone.
I could use a lot of stuff on my portable it may not be that fast but they are getting better and better imagine that.

On 8/12/2016 7:01 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi all,

Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some
enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10
for PC's that's powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at
least announced to hardware partners today).

The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-porta
ble-pcs-hell-yes

Kevin Chao

So, the only screen reader that will run on ARM is Narrator?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:04 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
Well technically if its a full pc version anything should run with it.
Weather the processer will be able to handle it is the different thing.
But if I can run win10 on my mobile phone with my pc apps to an extent I
am getting it, just think I could use my hard drive on my mobile phone,
I could use my keyboard full size on my mobile phone.
I could use a lot of stuff on my portable it may not be that fast but
they are getting better and better imagine that.

On 8/12/2016 7:01 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some
> enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10
> for PC's that's powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at
> least announced to hardware partners today).
>
> The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:
>
> https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-porta
> ble-pcs-hell-yes
>

> Cheers,
>
> Joseph

Hi,

At least natively for now.

So, the only screen reader that will run on ARM is Narrator?

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 11:04 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

Well technically if its a full pc version anything should run with it.
Weather the processer will be able to handle it is the different thing.
But if I can run win10 on my mobile phone with my pc apps to an extent I
am getting it, just think I could use my hard drive on my mobile phone,
I could use my keyboard full size on my mobile phone.
I could use a lot of stuff on my portable it may not be that fast but
they are getting better and better imagine that.

On 8/12/2016 7:01 p.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some
> enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10
> for PC's that's powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at
> least announced to hardware partners today).
>
> The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:
>
> https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-porta
> ble-pcs-hell-yes
>

> Cheers,
>
> Joseph

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Does this mean that the windows phones will be able to run full versions of windows 10?

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10 for PC’s that’s powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at least announced to hardware partners today).

The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-portable-pcs-hell-yes

Luis Carlos González Moráles

And does mean that NVDA will have support for mobile phones_?

Kenny Peyattt jr. escribió:

Does this mean that the windows phones will be able to run full versions of windows 10?

Kenny Peyatt jr.

Some of you may find this interesting: for the past few weeks, some enthusiasts were saying that Microsoft is working on a version of Windows 10 for PC’s that’s powered by ARM processors, and it is indeed happening (at least announced to hardware partners today).

The article from Paul Thurrott can be found at:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/86298/arm-based-windows-10-portable-pcs-hell-yes

Mário Navarro <mario.gnv@...>

If this were possible, it would be a miracle.

cheers.