how to unzip files

Nancy Hill

Hi Group,

I use 2 different external keyboards with my win    10 laptop depending on whether I am at home or on the road.

At home, I have no trouble unzipping files with my larger external keyboard because it has an Applications key.

I just got back from a 2 week trip and found my travel external keyboard did not have an Application key and I could not figure out how to unzip my files.

On a win10 laptop, how do you unzip a file without an Applications key?  I use 7zip.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Nancy

Try shiftf+f10, and arrow down to extract. Tab through all of the options in the window, and you should be good.

On 10/28/2019 8:35 PM, Nancy Hill wrote:
Hi Group,

I use 2 different external keyboards with my win    10 laptop depending on whether I am at home or on the road.

At home, I have no trouble unzipping files with my larger external keyboard because it has an Applications key.

I just got back from a 2 week trip and found my travel external keyboard did not have an Application key and I could not figure out how to unzip my files.

On a win10 laptop, how do you unzip a file without an Applications key?  I use 7zip.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Nancy

Sarah k Alawami

Shift f10, then 7, then choose your option.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 28 Oct 2019, at 17:35, Nancy Hill wrote:

Hi Group,

I use 2 different external keyboards with my win    10 laptop depending on whether I am at home or on the road.

At home, I have no trouble unzipping files with my larger external keyboard because it has an Applications key.

I just got back from a 2 week trip and found my travel external keyboard did not have an Application key and I could not figure out how to unzip my files.

On a win10 laptop, how do you unzip a file without an Applications key?  I use 7zip.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Nancy

I think its shift f10 to right click.

On 29/10/2019 1:35 pm, Nancy Hill wrote:
Hi Group,

I use 2 different external keyboards with my win    10 laptop depending on whether I am at home or on the road.

At home, I have no trouble unzipping files with my larger external keyboard because it has an Applications key.

I just got back from a 2 week trip and found my travel external keyboard did not have an Application key and I could not figure out how to unzip my files.

On a win10 laptop, how do you unzip a file without an Applications key?  I use 7zip.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Nancy

.

Rosemarie Chavarria