For NVDA users: Windows 10 App Essentials January 17th snapshot posted, introducing ad-on update facility #nvdasr

Hi NVDA users,

A few weeks ago, some of you asked me (via email and Twitter) if a feature could be developed where Windows 10 App Essentials can check for updated versions of itself. I’m delighted to announce that this is available via a snapshot build:

http://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=w10-dev

After installing today’s build, you’ll find a new option called “Windows 10 App Essentials” under NVDA’s preferences menu. This dialog allows you to tell NVDA to check for updated versions of this add-on and from where (development or stable channel). If the tests show it is working as advertised, it’ll be included in add-on 17.02.

Important notes:

  1. After installing this build, please don’t attempt to change to stable channel, as current stable version does not support add-on update feature.
  2. If you tell NVDA to automatically check for add-on updates, you’ll find that NVDA will present the add-on update dialog each time it starts if a new version of the add-on is available. If there’s sufficient demand, I’ll let you configure update check interval.
  3. When you check for updates from the new Windows 10 App Essentials dialog, the dialog will close, current settings will be saved, and add-on update dialog will pop up.

Enjoy.

Lets hope it works.
I do help that in the end addons that support this will autodownload once installed.
I service several remote boxes, it would be god if nvda updated itself when started and not have me to update it then manually with a little less access move my way to upgrade the addon.
I just don't wwant it to start, try to update and loop though.