Xbox poll: proposal is partially adopted (topic allowed, no subgroup) #AdminNotice #xbox

Hi everyone,

The tally from Xbox poll is thus:

  • Allow Xbox/Windows 10 topics and create a subgroup: five votes.
  • Allow Xbox/Windows 10 topics only: six votes.
  • Do not allow: Three votes.

Thus the proposal is partially adopted: Xbox/Windows 10 topics will be allowed (to take effect fully from the day Creators Update comes out). As long as a Xbox topic relates to Windows 10, such as apps (including third-party apps on Xbox), Narrator and a word on game accessibility, then you are more than welcome to post on this list. One thing to note though: in order to reduce confusion, I recommend using #Xbox hashtag when talking about Xbox One/One S/Scorpio, and please don’t use this forum as a venue for a LAN party (this list is Windows 10 ecosystem and navigating it with screen readers).

Also, several voters recommended revisiting Xbox subgroup creation at a later date, and the leadership team will do that when there’s sufficient demand.

For members of Windows Insider Program: Xbox build discussions are hereby allowed on Insiders subgroup.

May I please start then by asking an XBox question?

Now, keep in mind, I never, a day in my life have ever seen one of these consoles, never! Further, never even once have I seen, nor had described to me even slightly, what the original game controller you plug into the thing looks/feels like.

I do not know how the buttons on it are arranged, nor what buttons are on it to start with. Obviously there would be a 4 way arrow pad, but that's all I know.

Anyway, from the point of unboxing the unit, plugging it into the wall, plugging in the controller, plugging the unit to a TV or hifi system via HDMI, turning on the TV and hifi unit if connected, then hitting power on the XBox system, after this, for the very first time ever booting the thing up, how then does one turn on Narrator?

Chris.

Chris

I may or nay not be correct here but I think xbox topics are related to xbox related app for windows 10 rather than the console

But I may be wrong s usual

Hi,

The Xbox/Windows 10 topics include new Windows 10 builds for Xbox consoles, universal apps, Narrator, and game accessibility. The Creators Update will include features aimed at unifying Xbox and PC’s under a single ecosystem, such as game mode (but I’m getting ahead of myself; will talk about them in my next Windows 10 tutorial once the next Insider slow ring build hits the air).

I may or nay not be correct here but I think xbox topics are related to xbox related app for windows 10 rather than the console

But I may be wrong s usual

Tayo Bethel

Cant wait for this to get under way. I didn’t  think any games on Xbox were accessible .. I know some people who would be  ecstatic if this is true.

Cheers,

tayo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Tyler Wood

Hi,

I have a very, very, very long recording of unboxing and powering on the console.

I can go into a lot more depth of it when I wake up with coffee. Currently rather sick and not feeling too well.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

May I please start then by asking an XBox question?

Now, keep in mind, I never, a day in my life have ever seen one of these consoles, never! Further, never even once have I seen, nor had described to me even slightly, what the original game controller you plug into the thing looks/feels like.

I do not know how the buttons on it are arranged, nor what buttons are on it to start with. Obviously there would be a 4 way arrow pad, but that's all I know.

Anyway, from the point of unboxing the unit, plugging it into the wall, plugging in the controller, plugging the unit to a TV or hifi system via HDMI, turning on the TV and hifi unit if connected, then hitting power on the XBox system, after this, for the very first time ever booting the thing up, how then does one turn on Narrator?

Chris.

I'd be interested in this, but email it at me privately, a dropbox link of the stuff.
Unless ofcause joseph will low it shared its strictly not a windows 10 thingy as such though.