From: Nesma Aly
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:03 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Outlook 2010 keeps giving me an error message

Good morning and happy Sunday,
On Monday I updated to the latest version of Jaws 18 and now when I open my outlook it gives me an error message that outlook has stopped windows is checking for a solution. It used to happen when my payment to send an email but now it happens every time I open Outlook. To fix this problem I was thinking to get Microsoft 365 and was wondering whether that would fix my problem. And if so, are there any bugs or anything I should be aware of before buying?
Thanks,
Nesma

Sent from my iPhone

Nesma Aly <nesmaaly123@...>

Well now I'm starting to wonder is that a computer problem that I keep getting error messages in outlook or is it a problem with Jaws?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 5, 2017, at 11:37, Maureen Pranghofer <maureensmusic@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi
I have 365 and had the same problem when I downloaded Outlook. The only way we could solve it was to put me in administrative mode and now it no longer says that but now says Outlook Skype for business and Word are not my defaults even though they are set to my defaults in the Windows 10 computer.

-----Original Message----- From: Nesma Aly
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:03 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io

Good morning and happy Sunday,
On Monday I updated to the latest version of Jaws 18 and now when I open my outlook it gives me an error message that outlook has stopped windows is checking for a solution. It used to happen when my payment to send an email but now it happens every time I open Outlook. To fix this problem I was thinking to get Microsoft 365 and was wondering whether that would fix my problem. And if so, are there any bugs or anything I should be aware of before buying?
Thanks,
Nesma

Sent from my iPhone

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,

Have you tried to do a repair to see if tht fixed it.

Matthew

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:03 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io

Good morning and happy Sunday,
On Monday I updated to the latest version of Jaws 18 and now when I open
my outlook it gives me an error message that outlook has stopped windows is
checking for a solution. It used to happen when my payment to send an email
but now it happens every time I open Outlook. To fix this problem I was
thinking to get Microsoft 365 and was wondering whether that would fix my
problem. And if so, are there any bugs or anything I should be aware of
before buying?
Thanks,
Nesma

Sent from my iPhone

david

Hello;
Have you tried using outlook with your previous version of jaws?
Or, have you tried?
Opening with narrator, or, perhaps NVDA if you have installed on your
computer.
Another thing to consider;
Maybe an ad-in is slowing or hanging the outlook problem.
You could try loading outlook without ad-ins running.

Start Outlook in safe mode: outlook.exe /safe

So, windows-key+r=run,
Now type in,
outlook.exe /safe
press enter.

Do you receive the same error?

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but
what they conceal is vital.

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:03 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io

Good morning and happy Sunday,
On Monday I updated to the latest version of Jaws 18 and now when I open
my outlook it gives me an error message that outlook has stopped windows is
checking for a solution. It used to happen when my payment to send an email
but now it happens every time I open Outlook. To fix this problem I was
thinking to get Microsoft 365 and was wondering whether that would fix my
problem. And if so, are there any bugs or anything I should be aware of
before buying?
Thanks,
Nesma

Sent from my iPhone

Nesma Aly <nesmaaly123@...>

None of my screen readers are working. I don't really know what happened to it because it was working up until I downloaded the latest version of job access window. I deleted that today and tried it with and VE DA and that still didn't work.
I will try the steps that were provided to me in this thread tomorrow and will let everyone know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:03 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io

Good morning and happy Sunday,
On Monday I updated to the latest version of Jaws 18 and now when I open
my outlook it gives me an error message that outlook has stopped windows is
checking for a solution. It used to happen when my payment to send an email
but now it happens every time I open Outlook. To fix this problem I was
thinking to get Microsoft 365 and was wondering whether that would fix my
problem. And if so, are there any bugs or anything I should be aware of
before buying?
Thanks,
Nesma

Sent from my iPhone

Do you have the office 2007 file compatibility pack?
If so, I had the same issue, always left them converters installed.
It appears that ms quietly made them a nonneeded component with 2016 and over.
Ie if you update office or rather windows and those components are in the list of updates files in excell and word and other things will just not work at all.
You can temperarily fix this with a quick repair of office which you can do in add remove programs, highlighting office 2016 or whatever and selecting change, then quick repair.
However you should uninstall the following packages unless they are needed for something.
1. ms office converter pack 2003, ms office filter pack.
ms office compatability pack.
Once installed, every document on your system will refuse to open.
However after doing a quick repair ms will no longer give you errors.
If you use 2010 and lower this will not effect you as such.
You could also try to go to run winkey r type winword for word.
and then inside it or any office app type alt f d tab to check to updates, and hit space tabe update.
alt tab to word, close with alt f4, and wait for updates to be done you will have to do this anyway after a repair but still.

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:03 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io

Good morning and happy Sunday,
On Monday I updated to the latest version of Jaws 18 and now when I open
my outlook it gives me an error message that outlook has stopped windows
is checking for a solution. It used to happen when my payment to send an
email but now it happens every time I open Outlook. To fix this problem
I was thinking to get Microsoft 365 and was wondering whether that would
fix my problem. And if so, are there any bugs or anything I should be
aware of before buying?
Thanks,
Nesma

Sent from my iPhone

.

Does it do this when jaws is not running.
Have you tried an office repair.
You shouldn't need to upgrade office because of that.
Also the fact its not responding is that it could be waiting wait a couple minutes and see.

On 6/03/2017 5:03 a.m., Nesma Aly wrote:
Good morning and happy Sunday,
On Monday I updated to the latest version of Jaws 18 and now when I open my outlook it gives me an error message that outlook has stopped windows is checking for a solution. It used to happen when my payment to send an email but now it happens every time I open Outlook. To fix this problem I was thinking to get Microsoft 365 and was wondering whether that would fix my problem. And if so, are there any bugs or anything I should be aware of before buying?
Thanks,
Nesma

Sent from my iPhone

.

david

Hello; you say;
None of my screen readers are working. I don't really know what happened to
it because it was working up until I downloaded the latest version of job
access window. I deleted that today and tried it with and VE DA and that
still didn't work.
I will try the steps that were provided to me in this thread tomorrow and
will let everyone know how it goes.
Well; before you deal with the outlook issue, perhaps you need to solve your
screen reader problems.