NVDA doesn't read certain controls in applications that run as another user

Simon Jaeger

Hi all,
Subject line pretty much says it all. If I'm on a non-admin account and I run something as the administrator account, a lot of controls (such as list views, tree views etc) won't read properly. Anyone have any workarounds? This is no ta common issue and I suspect it's not easily solvable either, but I figure there's no harm in asking.

Simon

Tyler Wood

Hi,

It actually is quite common.

It also happens to me when I’m logged into an admin account running NVDA portably with user account control enabled. I figured this was a windows fault, as it has happened with windows 7 and above.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10