windows defender on your desk top on the creators update

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

Windows defender is now called windows security center and will not go on your desk top. If you have windows defender on your desk top it won't you will have to open the start menu and down arrow to windows center but there is no first letternavagation on the start menu and no context menu either. I did try shift f10 and there was nothing. I don't know why you can't put windows security center on your desk top. It would be nice if you could and first letternavagation would be nice to have on the start menu.
Brian Sackrider

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

It is called Windows Defender Security Center.

A desktop shortcut to Windows Defender Security Center can be created using the step-by-step directions documented in:

You can also pin to either start or taskbar by choosing those options from the context menu where you select "Create Shortcut" in the directions.

--
Brian

    . . . it misses the point that even if you eliminated all cultural biases, human beings would still form stereotypes.  It's simply how the brain works.

            ~ Scott Safier,  March 10, 2004

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

    This link does not work I got the 404 page not found arror.

Brian Sackrider

On 4/10/2017 9:13 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

It is called Windows Defender Security Center.

A desktop shortcut to Windows Defender Security Center can be created using the step-by-step directions documented in:

You can also pin to either start or taskbar by choosing those options from the context menu where you select "Create Shortcut" in the directions.

--
Brian

    . . . it misses the point that even if you eliminated all cultural biases, human beings would still form stereotypes.  It's simply how the brain works.

            ~ Scott Safier,  March 10, 2004

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Well, it still works when I activate it.  You immediately (or as long as your computer takes to process the request) have a save dialog pop up to let you put the MS-Word document with the instructions where you want them on your computer.  If it's not doing the same for you I can't explain it, as this is still on my Google drive.
--
Brian

    . . . it misses the point that even if you eliminated all cultural biases, human beings would still form stereotypes.  It's simply how the brain works.

            ~ Scott Safier,  March 10, 2004

Actually there is a way to do itfrom settings
winkey i hit end hit tab.
hit down arrow once hit enter hit tab then hit space and it opens.
Or on the system trey rightclick the actions recomended and hit enter and it opens.
It does more than your security and antivirus, refresh on demand, network bits and bobs, and system health.

On 11/04/2017 12:59 p.m., brian wrote:
Windows defender is now called windows security center and will not go on your desk top. If you have windows defender on your desk top it won't you will have to open the start menu and down arrow to windows center but there is no first letternavagation on the start menu and no context menu either. I did try shift f10 and there was nothing. I don't know why you can't put windows security center on your desk top. It would be nice if you could and first letternavagation would be nice to have on the start menu.
Brian Sackrider

.

Chris

Yes you can...

Open the run dialog

Type shell:appsfolder

In the opened folder navigate to windows security center

Right click and select create shortcut

It will complain that it can create a shortcut here but do you wish to create one on the desktop?

Select yes and hey presto!

Windows defender is now called windows security center and will not go

on your desk top.  If you have windows defender on your desk top it

won't you will have to open the start menu and down arrow to windows

center but there is no first letternavagation on the start menu and no

context menu either.  I did try shift f10 and there was nothing.  I

don't know why you can't put windows security center on your desk top.

It would be nice if you could and first letternavagation would be nice

to have on the start menu.

Brian Sackrider

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

Thanks for the sugestion that worked I read the list and now Iknow how to put any app on my desk top if the other ways don't work.
Brian Sackrider