Outlook Crashing

Patrick Kwanashie

My Outlook 2010 crashes when I try to send an e-mail.  Does anyone know what could be wrong and how I can fix it?  I am using Windows 10 Creator update.

Alan Robbins

If you have the checkbox checked to chedk spelling prior to sending this is the cause. Long discussion on list last week. Uncheck that box and you can manually check spelling with F7 and you will be fine

Al

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Patrick Kwanashie
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:17 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Outlook Crashing

My Outlook 2010 crashes when I try to send an e-mail.  Does anyone know what could be wrong and how I can fix it?  I am using Windows 10 Creator update.

Mr. Ed

Hi,

Turn off automatically check for spelling errors before sending.  If you have this turned on and make a spelling error then press send this will cause Outlook 2010 to crash. If you turn this off then it will not crash and you can still use the F7 key to check for spelling errors. Go to File, option, then mail and tab about three time and you should land on what you are looking for . Uncheck this box for checking spelling before sending.

Then tab to save and ok.

Mr. Ed

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Patrick Kwanashie
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:17 PM

Alan Robbins

Yes, and VFO tried to tell me the other day it was fixed with latest JAWS update, but I tested and it is not

Al

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pinky
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Outlook Crashing

Hi,

Turn off automatically check for spelling errors before sending.  If you have this turned on and make a spelling error then press send this will cause Outlook 2010 to crash. If you turn this off then it will not crash and you can still use the F7 key to check for spelling errors. Go to File, option, then mail and tab about three time and you should land on what you are looking for . Uncheck this box for checking spelling before sending.

Then tab to save and ok.

Mr. Ed

Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:17 PM

hmmm look here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other/outlook-2010-crashes-when-sending-email/9d007ab4-2c92-4570-bff6-a8e13962618e

Its suspected corrupted pst data files are the issue there is a pst repair tool somewhere I forget where.

On 16/07/2017 10:16 a.m., Patrick Kwanashie wrote:
My Outlook 2010 crashes when I try to send an e-mail. Does anyone know what
could be wrong and how I can fix it? I am using Windows 10 Creator update.

Gaston Bedard

I'm adding a bit to this thread.
Outlook 2010 creates a folder entitled Outlook Files in My Documents.
It is, Outlook Data files PST, which has the latest emails I downloaded from
the server.
You need Outlook to open and read these files.
Over here, the folder size is, 1.06 GB.
I have this Outlook files folder on both of my computers.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Shaun Everiss
Sent: July-16-17 1:46 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] Outlook Crashing

hmmm look here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_othe
r/outlook-2010-crashes-when-sending-email/9d007ab4-2c92-4570-bff6-a8e1396261
8e

Its suspected corrupted pst data files are the issue there is a pst
repair tool somewhere I forget where.

On 16/07/2017 10:16 a.m., Patrick Kwanashie wrote:
My Outlook 2010 crashes when I try to send an e-mail. Does anyone know
what
could be wrong and how I can fix it? I am using Windows 10 Creator
update.

Ashleigh Piccinino

Do you possibly have your spellchecker set to automatically check for errors before sending messages? I've heard that this issue had been going around the Outlook 2016 tables a lot, so look back a those messages when possible to check this/fix the issue. Other than that, I don't know how to help. I would, however, send feedback about it to the Microsoft people through the feedback hub.

Ashleigh

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Patrick Kwanashie <patrick.kwanashie@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 5:16:32 PM