Hope this helps with Windows 10 Mail App

David Ouimet

I discovered this with Jaws & hope this helps others too. When opening the mail app & clicking/entering on a message if I press control/insert/down arrow  the body of the message is read.

This other thing works on both nvda & jaws too. If synchronizing the account or accounts in the mail app, then press control/shift/I the main window will come back with all the options to select folders/accounts & other selections too.

David

Quentin Christensen

A couple more updates on where Mail is at re accessibility were posted
by Microsoft today:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/accessibility/archive/2016/02/01/accessibility-update-for-windows-10-mail.aspx

and

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-a-screen-reader-to-work-with-Mail-and-Calendar-for-Windows-10-9e4c8399-2cb5-4db7-90d3-caa8642c81e0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#_blank

Microsoft Accessibility tweeted that second link this morning and it
doesn't currently work but I'm hoping they'll update it and I'll let
you know (you can search for "Use a screen reader to work with Mail
and Calendar for Windows 10 and it finds an article with that name on
the office help site but it won't load that way either.

Regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree

On 2 February 2016 at 05:20, David Ouimet <whitewater2612@...> wrote:
I discovered this with Jaws & hope this helps others too. When opening the
mail app & clicking/entering on a message if I press control/insert/down
arrow the body of the message is read.

This other thing works on both nvda & jaws too. If synchronizing the account
or accounts in the mail app, then press control/shift/I the main window will
come back with all the options to select folders/accounts & other selections
too.

David

David Ouimet

Thanks Quentin for keeping us up on the latest screenreader updates with the windows 10 mail appp. That is exciting news what Microsoft is doing now.

    David

Quentin Christensen

No problem, I just happened to see it just before I saw that message here :)

I mentioned the issue with that article to Microsoft Accessibility and
they've fixed it now - link is:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-a-screen-reader-to-work-with-Mail-and-Calendar-for-Windows-10-9e4c8399-2cb5-4db7-90d3-caa8642c81e0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#_blank
on using a screen reader to work with Mail and Calendar for Windows
10.

Regards

Quentin.

--

On 2 February 2016 at 10:26, David Ouimet <whitewater2612@...> wrote:
Thanks Quentin for keeping us up on the latest screenreader updates with the
windows 10 mail appp. That is exciting news what Microsoft is doing now.

David

Lino Morales

Wow this sounds great! Just for the hell of I'm going to set up my Gmail and my email addres from my ISOP.

[...]

Kenny Peyattt jr.

How do I update the windows 10 mail ap? Do I go in the microsoft store and type in windows 1- mail ap? or will the update show up in a list.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

[...]

Hi, What I've found is the easiest way  to update the mail & other win10 apps is:

1 typing 1 control/e when in the store app,

2 then doing shift tab twice. you will land on the user profile link.

3 press that & tab down 3 times & you will land on my library.

4 after that hit the right arrow key once & press enter. there you will be on the download & update link.

5 press that & if any are found you will know by tabbing down 3 times & there will be an update all lin    k if any are found. Hope that helps

That's it.

David Ouimet

Glad can get the message of the emails read in the windows 10 mail app, but one thing can't do though is activate the links if they are in the messages though. That is probably something Microsoft should look at & would be nice if the cursor keys worked in messages too. It is hit & miss sometimes can use the cursor keys & at other times can't. If anyone discovers anything new with the app as things progress that would be         great.

David

Lino Morales

I did want to let people know if they are having problems with receiving email from your ISP? Ever since I started playing with the Mail app I get the notification saying my incert ISP here's setting out of date. For some reason its not wanting to remember my password. I'm having no problems with getting my Gmail however. Any thoughts? I'm thinking of using IMAP with my ISP email and see if this will fix the issue instead of using pop3.

On 2/2/2016 12:36 PM, David Ouimet wrote:

Glad can get the message of the emails read in the windows 10 mail app, but one thing can't do though is activate the links if they are in the messages though. That is probably something Microsoft should look at & would be nice if the cursor keys worked in messages too. It is hit & miss sometimes can use the cursor keys & at other times can't. If anyone discovers anything new with the app as things progress that would be         great.

David

David Ouimet

Not sure what's happening, but been using the mail app with imap Lino & have had no problems. never tried pop3 at all.

David Ouimet

I discovered some other things while experimenting with the windows10 mail app and the latest version of jaws too.

If you hold down the control key & press the down arrow key jaws will go down one line at a time, and the up arrow key will make it go up one line at a time too.

Also if you press the left arrow key it will go to the top of the body of the message and the right arrow key will make it go to the bottom of the message body too. And finally if on a http link it will launch the browser also.

David