Windows blogs: Adobe Flash is going away, new home for Paint #wintendev

Hi all,

Two announcements:

  • Adobe Flash is going away: as some of you may know by now, Adobe is deprecating Flash by 2020 and asked vendors to follow. The response from Microsoft regarding this matter (especially for users of IE and Edge) can be found at:

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2017/07/25/flash-on-windows-timeline/#RQtxRMfUpQisdWST.97

  • Paint lives: although this program will be deprecated, it can be found on Windows Store:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/24/ms-paint-stay/#Tpz4Ph2Ux0jMoRcM.97

Roger Stewart

I have the Flash plugin installed in Firefox.  I have disabled it, but can't find any way to remove it.  Does anyone know how I can completely remove it?  I don't seem to need it anymore as a couple pages that have, or had, flash content now work fine with the plugin disabled.

Thanks.

Roger

On 7/26/2017 10:14 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Two announcements:

  • Adobe Flash is going away: as some of you may know by now, Adobe is deprecating Flash by 2020 and asked vendors to follow. The response from Microsoft regarding this matter (especially for users of IE and Edge) can be found at:

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2017/07/25/flash-on-windows-timeline/#RQtxRMfUpQisdWST.97

  • Paint lives: although this program will be deprecated, it can be found on Windows Store:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/24/ms-paint-stay/#Tpz4Ph2Ux0jMoRcM.97

I heard about flash, a lot of things don't use it but I still download it manually for the systems that need it, I have a lot of games that need shockwave offline well a few of them, but not many.

As for paint, that shows microsoft actually does listen to its people.

Paint will go but there will be an app for it which is nice for those that want it.

On 27/07/2017 3:14 a.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi all,

Two announcements:

* Adobe Flash is going away: as some of you may know by now, Adobe is
deprecating Flash by 2020 and asked vendors to follow. The response from
Microsoft regarding this matter (especially for users of IE and Edge) can be
found at:

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2017/07/25/flash-on-windows-timeline/#RQ
txRMfUpQisdWST.97

* Paint lives: although this program will be deprecated, it can be
found on Windows Store:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/24/ms-paint-stay/#Tpz4Ph
2Ux0jMoRcM.97

Ben J. Bloomgren

As far as I’m concerned, good riddance to Flash. It had its good uses, but it seemed to get in the way of accessibility in many ways.

Ben