Last cumulative update alert for Version 1511: KB4041689/build 10586.1176 #KBAlert #eol #WinTenOld
This is the last cumulative update notice for Version 1511 (build 10586): KB4041689 bumps build to 10586.1176:
Note the EOL hashtag (end of life). In November 2017, #WinTen1511 hashtag will also retire, to be replaced by #WinTenOld tag.
• Addressed issue where the Universal CRT _splitpath was not handling multibyte strings correctly, which caused apps to fail when accessing multibyte filenames.
• Addressed issue where the Universal CRT caused the linker (link.exe) to stop working for large projects.
• Addressed issue where the MSMQ performance counter (MSMQ Queue) may not populate queue instances when the server hosts a clustered MSMQ role.
• Addressed issue with the Lock Workstation policy for smart cards where, in some cases, the system doesn’t lock when you remove the smart card.
• Addressed issue where, when using Conditional Access with Azure Active Directory, authentication fails.
• Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
• Addressed issue where messages that should be in a non-English language display in English in Internet Explorer.
• Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
• Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Microsoft Edge, Windows Authentication, Windows TPM, Microsoft PowerShell, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Server, Device Guard, and the Windows SMB Server.