An audio overview of latest Windows 10 development with build 17025 #wintendev

Hi all,

As promised, here’s an audio overview of what’s new in build 17025 (latest slow ring release). As always, the content may change as Windows 10 Version Next development progresses:

http://www.josephsl.net/files/WinTen%2017025.mp3

A short addendum: I’ll talk about launching apps with admin privileges from Run dialog in the next audio overview (December or January).

Content notice: feel free to share this recording with other lists, and when you do share, please give proper credit. Also, note that features discussed in this podcast are not available for stable build users.

Ron Kolesar

Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10 and for we who use screen readers.
I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.
So many thanks once again.
Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

As promised, here’s an audio overview of what’s new in build 17025 (latest slow ring release). As always, the content may change as Windows 10 Version Next development progresses:

http://www.josephsl.net/files/WinTen%2017025.mp3

A short addendum: I’ll talk about launching apps with admin privileges from Run dialog in the next audio overview (December or January).

Content notice: feel free to share this recording with other lists, and when you do share, please give proper credit. Also, note that features discussed in this podcast are not available for stable build users.

Sadam Ahmed

Hi Joseph,

Whilst I'm not running any   insider builds at the present time,   i appreciate you and others who give an audio overview for those of us running a screen reader with Windows 10.

Best regards,

Sadam Ahmed

On 5/11/2017 8:48 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:
Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10 and for we who use screen readers.
I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.
So many thanks once again.
Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

As promised, here’s an audio overview of what’s new in build 17025 (latest slow ring release). As always, the content may change as Windows 10 Version Next development progresses:

http://www.josephsl.net/files/WinTen%2017025.mp3

A short addendum: I’ll talk about launching apps with admin privileges from Run dialog in the next audio overview (December or January).

Content notice: feel free to share this recording with other lists, and when you do share, please give proper credit. Also, note that features discussed in this podcast are not available for stable build users.

Yours sincerely,

Sadam Ahmed

JAWS & iOS certified

iPhone:

+ 61 435 892 944

FaceTime, iMessage & email

sadam@...

Kevin Cussick

Hi, Joseph, I enjoyed it as well and the quality of the recording was nice as well well done and thanks.

On 05/11/2017 03:21, Sadam Ahmed wrote:
[...]

sadam@sadamahmed.com

David Moore

Hi Joseph!

I listened to it last night, and I agree about the recording quality. It sounded like you were right in the room LOL!

I can’t wait for the new ease of access layout and new Cortana features. I am using Cortana to get phone numbers, weather reports, directions to places, all sports scores and on and on!!

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,   Joseph,   I enjoyed it as well and the quality of the recording

was nice as well well done and thanks.

On 05/11/2017 03:21, Sadam Ahmed wrote:

> Hi Joseph,

> Whilst I'm not running any   insider builds at the present time,   i

> appreciate you and others who give an audio overview for those of us

> running a screen reader with Windows 10.

> Best regards,

> Sadam Ahmed

> On 5/11/2017 8:48 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

>> Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10

>> and for we who use screen readers.

>> I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.

>> So many thanks once again.

>> Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Jim Stanga

Hi David,

You make Cortana sound interesting!

Are you using an internal mic or headset?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Stanga

Hi,   Joseph,   I enjoyed it as well and the quality of the recording

was nice as well well done and thanks.

On 05/11/2017 03:21, Sadam Ahmed wrote:

> Hi Joseph,

> Whilst I'm not running any   insider builds at the present time,   i

> appreciate you and others who give an audio overview for those of us

> running a screen reader with Windows 10.

> Best regards,

> Sadam Ahmed

> On 5/11/2017 8:48 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

>> Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10

>> and for we who use screen readers.

>> I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.

>> So many thanks once again.

>> Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

David Moore

Hi!

Cortana works the best for me when I wear my Blue Tooth headset. It has a mike built into it.

I have a mike on my laptop, but Cortana has a harder time hearing it. My headset works to talk to Cortana even if there is some noise in the background. I have a logetech USB headset as well, and the mike on it works good as well.

I can use Cortana to get the TV schedule and everything. I would buy a USB headset if you have none. That will work even if your computer’s sound card is not working!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Are you using an internal mic or headset?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Stanga

Hi,   Joseph,   I enjoyed it as well and the quality of the recording

was nice as well well done and thanks.

On 05/11/2017 03:21, Sadam Ahmed wrote:

> Hi Joseph,

> Whilst I'm not running any   insider builds at the present time,   i

> appreciate you and others who give an audio overview for those of us

> running a screen reader with Windows 10.

> Best regards,

> Sadam Ahmed

> On 5/11/2017 8:48 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

>> Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10

>> and for we who use screen readers.

>> I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.

>> So many thanks once again.

>> Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Jim Stanga

Thanks David,

You confirmed what I thought.

I will use my Plantronics Bluetooth headset for Cortana.

I appreciate the info.

Have a good day all!

Jim Stanga

Are you using an internal mic or headset?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Stanga

Hi,   Joseph,   I enjoyed it as well and the quality of the recording

was nice as well well done and thanks.

On 05/11/2017 03:21, Sadam Ahmed wrote:

> Hi Joseph,

> Whilst I'm not running any   insider builds at the present time,   i

> appreciate you and others who give an audio overview for those of us

> running a screen reader with Windows 10.

> Best regards,

> Sadam Ahmed

> On 5/11/2017 8:48 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

>> Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10

>> and for we who use screen readers.

>> I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.

>> So many thanks once again.

>> Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

David Moore

You are so welcome.

Let me know if you have any questions filling out your Cortana notebook, and giving your information to Cortana so she can help you as much as she can!

Have a great one!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Are you using an internal mic or headset?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Stanga

Hi,   Joseph,   I enjoyed it as well and the quality of the recording

was nice as well well done and thanks.

On 05/11/2017 03:21, Sadam Ahmed wrote:

> Hi Joseph,

> Whilst I'm not running any   insider builds at the present time,   i

> appreciate you and others who give an audio overview for those of us

> running a screen reader with Windows 10.

> Best regards,

> Sadam Ahmed

> On 5/11/2017 8:48 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

>> Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10

>> and for we who use screen readers.

>> I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.

>> So many thanks once again.

>> Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Jim Stanga

Hello David,

I just may take you up on your offer re Cortana.

(probably off list)

Hopefully sooner than later.

Great list…

Jim Stanga

Are you using an internal mic or headset?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Stanga

Hi,   Joseph,   I enjoyed it as well and the quality of the recording

was nice as well well done and thanks.

On 05/11/2017 03:21, Sadam Ahmed wrote:

> Hi Joseph,

> Whilst I'm not running any   insider builds at the present time,   i

> appreciate you and others who give an audio overview for those of us

> running a screen reader with Windows 10.

> Best regards,

> Sadam Ahmed

> On 5/11/2017 8:48 AM, Ron Kolesar wrote:

>> Thanks for keeping us all up to date to what is to come for windows 10

>> and for we who use screen readers.

>> I thought your presentation was very interesting Joe.

>> So many thanks once again.

>> Ron U.S. ham radio station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

David Moore

Hi Jim!

Any time! Email me off list anytime.

Email: