Windows Central: Everything we know about Xbox Series X #xbox #wintendev

Hi all,

Yes, Xbox is part of Windows 10 ecosystem, hence the 3Xbox hashtag.

On December 13th, Microsoft unveiled Project Scarlett, which will be known as Xbox Series X. A Windows Central articles goes into details as to what’s coming in late 2020:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x?utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=72992&utm_campaign=social

Note: #WinTenDev hashtag was added as Xbox Series x might be powered by Windows 10 20H2.

Cheers,

Joseph

Ryan Mann

You mean it might be powered by the normal version of Windows 10, not a customized version for the Xbox?  I guess that means that narrator would be used, maybe even NVDA or JAWS?  I always thought of Xboxes as something mainly meant for playing video games. 

On Dec 14, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

On December 13th, Microsoft unveiled Project Scarlett, which will be known as Xbox Series X. A Windows Central articles goes into details as to what’s coming in late 2020:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x?utm_source=wc_tw&utm_medium=tw_card&utm_content=72992&utm_campaign=social

Note: #WinTenDev hashtag was added as Xbox Series x might be powered by Windows 10 20H2.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

It’ll still be Windows 10 customized for Xbox.

I know that the answer above may not be that helpful, so let me explain a bit:

Windows 10’s code base can be thought of as a tree. The “trunk” is the base system, or OneCore, that powers all sorts of devices. On top of OneCore (which includes Windows kernel and base services) are “branches” for different device categories such as PC’s and Xbox, with each branch adding device specific components on top. For example, PC components include OneCore and Windows API support, whereas Xbox includes OneCore and Xbox layer. This is the reason why build numbers for a given semi-annual PC version and Xbox releases are the same.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ryan Mann
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2019 11:39 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows Central: Everything we know about Xbox Series X #Xbox #WinTenDev

You mean it might be powered by the normal version of Windows 10, not a customized version for the Xbox?  I guess that means that narrator would be used, maybe even NVDA or JAWS?  I always thought of Xboxes as something mainly meant for playing video games. 

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hmmm narator deffinitely, but unless you can install nvda on there and I am unsure about the launcher.

As for jaws, can you imagine buying a licence to use it even for an xbox, hmmmph no.

At any rate its probably an arm cpu or something, I think nvda will be able to support this, but the xbox doesn't use the standard launcher anyway.

On 15/12/2019 8:39 am, Ryan Mann wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hmmm and in all the consoles, thats probably an interesting reason to own an xbox.

If xbox uses win10, I do know you can intergrate with the pc, the store advertises it now constantly when I go there.

On 15/12/2019 7:56 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

It’s an x64 process, but even then, you cannot install third-party screen readers.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2019 2:00 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows Central: Everything we know about Xbox Series X #Xbox #WinTenDev

Hmmm narator deffinitely, but unless you can install nvda on there and I am unsure about the launcher.

As for jaws, can you imagine buying a licence to use it even for an xbox, hmmmph no.

At any rate its probably an arm cpu or something, I think nvda will be able to support this, but the xbox doesn't use the standard launcher anyway.

On 15/12/2019 8:39 am, Ryan Mann wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Sarah k Alawami

Narrater is used on the xbox. I use mine all the time. So we'll see what hapens with project x or what ever they are calling it. See articles on the Verge.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 14 Dec 2019, at 11:39, Ryan Mann wrote:

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph