Microsoft Docs: Windows updates for Microsoft Edge (Chromium) #chromiumedge

Hi all,

As some of you may have figured out by now, Chromium Edge is going through last bits of testing (beta channel).

For those wondering how Chromium Edge will show up, it’ll be done via an update once stable version is released in 2020. The new Edge is compatible with Version 1803 (April 2018 Update) and later, and all the necessary preparations are in place. Details can be found at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-sysupdate-windows-updates

Devin Prater

I was very concerned about the ability to read eBooks being unavailable in the new version of Edge, but it looks like Microsoft actually has us covered on this one:

On Dec 17, 2019, at 10:25 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As some of you may have figured out by now, Chromium Edge is going through last bits of testing (beta channel).

For those wondering how Chromium Edge will show up, it’ll be done via an update once stable version is released in 2020. The new Edge is compatible with Version 1803 (April 2018 Update) and later, and all the necessary preparations are in place. Details can be found at:

The interesting thing will be joseph, how will it stack up against chrome.

If for example it can handle google extentions and google cloud print and google services and all the google addons that come with chrome why would you want chrome.

Since everyone I have active now in chrome are happy with their lot, I will make sure to use chrome and not edge.

However I am going through the precontract aggreements with a senior citizn who is well going to upgrade to win 10 from 7 and will need a new basic computer.

For them, keeping it simple is my plan, if edge goes chromium, it could be 1 less package to install even though I will probably install chrome anyway.

Its going to be interesting in the brouser space especially since noscript is cross platform now and can handle chrome units to.

On 18/12/2019 5:25 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

As some of you may have figured out by now, Chromium Edge is going through last bits of testing (beta channel).

For those wondering how Chromium Edge will show up, it’ll be done via an update once stable version is released in 2020. The new Edge is compatible with Version 1803 (April 2018 Update) and later, and all the necessary preparations are in place. Details can be found at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-sysupdate-windows-updates

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

Is there a official list of keyboard short cuts for the new edge?