A Windows 10 Issues

Noe Villeda <noevilleda1@...>

Hello listers,

I've been having some weird Jaws focus issues with Windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws.

When I try to open my downloads folder, I get a message from windows saying that downloads cannot be opened.

Does anyone hav any suggestions?

Noe

Alan Robbins

Has this just started or been happening for a while?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Noe Villeda
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2019 7:36 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] A Windows 10 Issues

Hello listers,

I've been having some weird Jaws focus issues with Windows 10 and the latest version of Jaws.

When I try to open my downloads folder, I get a message from windows saying that downloads cannot be opened.

Noe

It's been happening on and off, would you mind writing me off list so as to not clutter the list?

noevilleda1@gmail.com

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2019 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] A Windows 10 Issues

Al

Hello listers,

Noe

Ann Byrne

Sometimes if you press alt+f4 as though you were closing a folder, then try again, the folder will open.

At 07:05 PM 12/28/2019, you wrote:
It's been happening on and off, would you mind writing me off list so as to not clutter the list?

noevilleda1@gmail.com

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Robbins
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2019 8:04 PM

Al

Hello listers,

Noe

JM Casey

Hm. That doesn't sound jaws-related to me. What error message is this exactly? Is it only ever happening with downloads folder? How do you normally open your downloads folder? When you access the run dialogue box and type "downloads", does this still happen?

Sent: December 28, 2019 7:36 PM

Hello listers,

Noe

I have the downloads folder within a folder, when I open the parent folder and enter on downloads, I get the message: downloads not responding...

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2019 3:24 PM

Hm. That doesn't sound jaws-related to me. What error message is this exactly? Is it only ever happening with downloads folder? How do you normally open your downloads folder? When you access the run dialogue box and type "downloads", does this still happen?

Hello listers,

Noe

JM Casey

Aha.
That is Windows basically saying that File Explorer has hung.
If you wait a little while, does the message go away?
The "not responding" message means literally that, whatever programme is not sending back info in what Windows considers to be a timely fashion. Some have reported frequent File Explorer crashes in the past; I never really had this problem much except when trying to copy/move files between windows sometimes. No failure to respond though, just explorer basically closing all its windows and disapearring/needing to be restarted.

Sent: December 29, 2019 5:58 PM

I have the downloads folder within a folder, when I open the parent folder and enter on downloads, I get the message: downloads not responding...

Hello listers,

Noe

Kendra Schaber <redwing731@...>

Hi all! 
I usually don’t have problems with Windows Explorer. I have experienced the “Not Responding” message with other programs. Every time I have experienced this problem on any program, I have had to shut everything down and restart it all over again. I find it very annoying! 

As the result of attending school, I discovered that writing is one of my gifts. On the other hand, I have eighth grade spelling. Because of my eighth grade spelling, I’m currently working on improving my spelling where it is possible. Unfortunently, math is my biggest weakness. Because of my weakness of math, I’m going for an English major with an Environmental Science minor instead of an earth sciences major.
Thank you for taking the time to read this email!
Blessed be!
Kendra Schaber
Honor Roll Student, Fall Term 2019
Vice-President of the Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
Oregon Association of Blind Students(ORABS)
National Federation of the Blind of Oregon(NFB-O)
(503) 599-9991
Redwing731@...
Kschaber@...
NFB One Minute Message:
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
NFB Pledge:
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, oppertunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.
Go Detroit, Red Wings!
Go Pittsburgh, Penguins!
Go Portland Winter Hawks!
Go Baltimore, Oriels!
Go Baltimore, Ravens!
Go Oregon State Beavers, baseball and football teams!
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”, Author Unknown.

From: win10@win10.groups.io on behalf of JM Casey <jmcasey@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2019 19:07

Aha.
The "not responding" message means literally that, whatever programme is not sending back info in what Windows considers to be a timely fashion. Some have reported frequent File Explorer crashes in the past; I never really had this problem much except when trying to copy/move files between windows sometimes. No failure to respond though, just explorer basically closing all its windows and disapearring/needing to be restarted.

Hello listers,

Noe

Desert Moon

Hello Noe and List,

Here are some possible fixes:

https://www.itechtics.com/downloads-folder-freeze/

--
Desert

I've tried waiting a few minutes and nthing changes, but If I type downloads from the run menu, it opens without any issue.

Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2019 10:07 PM

Aha.

Hello listers,

Noe

JM Casey

Hm, that is always my preferred method of opening certain folders. Not sure why navigating within folders seems to cause this problem for you, but, the run box is 8always* your friend and weill get you anywhere on your pC or run anything or open any internet address instantly.

Sent: December 30, 2019 6:59 PM

I've tried waiting a few minutes and nthing changes, but If I type downloads from the run menu, it opens without any issue.

Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2019 10:07 PM

Aha.

Hello listers,

Noe