KB3140743 bumps version 1511 to build 10586.122 #KBAlert

Hi all,

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday: KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What’s new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

inamuddin khan

Dear friends, I have managed to update my windows 10.0.10586.122

The only thing which I really couldn’t understand is that my machine has 3 different versions.

When I check it in setting, it says windows 10.0.1086.00

If I check it at desktop, it says windows 10.0.1086.103

And finally when I go to setting/system/about, it says windows 10.0.1086.122.

Please let me know why it is!

One machine 3 different versions.

Charlsdarwin1

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday: KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What’s new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

Alan Robbins

Joseph,

This was very helpful. Do you send  something like this out each time there is a cumulative update? So far, likening this Windows 10 group much better than the last one I belonged to.

Best,

Al

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday: KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What’s new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

Yes I do (Microsoft started putting changelogs in February). When someone announces cumulative updates, he or she MUST include the link to the knowledge base article and/or the changelog (preferably both should be included) so people can find out what’s new, changed and fixed. Also, the hashtag #KBAlert must be added to mark its importance.

This was very helpful. Do you send  something like this out each time there is a cumulative update? So far, likening this Windows 10 group much better than the last one I belonged to.

Best,

Al

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday: KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What’s new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

Allan WKF

Hi,

KBAlert will be send out everytime whenever Microsoft release a new
cumulative update, it will be send by Joseph himself or any lists moderator.

--

Allan WKF (win10 lists moderator)

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey
important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for
announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday:
KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What's new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history
-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

David Moore

Hi Al,
Yes, Joseph let’s us know every time there is an update coming out for Windows 10. This always let’s me know to check for up dates. This group is awesome and will get better and better. Have a great one.

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday: KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What’s new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

g melconian

Thanks for the update heads up as to whats coming from Microsoft in regards to windows.

[...]

Personally, I think users should also take an active role in researching KB articles.

By the way, due to the adoption of our recent proposal, starting next week (when Microsoft releases any cumulative updates for Update Tuesday), I’ll denote if it is a PC or a mobile build via hashtags (W10PC, W10Mobile, respectively) in subject lines. Also, if I’m not mistaken, a Microsoft staff may have actually subscribed to our list (please welcome this person when he or she makes introductions).

Yes, Joseph let’s us know every time there is an update coming out for Windows 10. This always let’s me know to check for up dates. This group is awesome and will get better and better. Have a great one.

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday: KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What’s new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

Arianna Sepulveda

What does the KB in #KBAlert mean?

Thanks,
Ari

On Mar 2, 2016, at 4:49 PM, Allan WKF <allanwkf1@...> wrote:

Hi,

KBAlert will be send out everytime whenever Microsoft release a new
cumulative update, it will be send by Joseph himself or any lists moderator.

--

Allan WKF (win10 lists moderator)

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey
important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for
announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday:
KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What's new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history
-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

kb stands for knowledge base

On 3/3/16, englishrider91@... <englishrider91@...> wrote:
[...]

austinpinto.xaviers@...
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Mr & Mrs van den berg <vandenbergct@...>

Hi

My machine is not updating any solutions. It tells me no updates is available.

Thanks

Timmy

This was very helpful. Do you send  something like this out each time there is a cumulative update? So far, likening this Windows 10 group much better than the last one I belonged to.

Best,

Al

For those new to this list: we use hashtags to convey important notices. #KBAlert hashtag is reserved for announcing cumulative update releases.

It appears this is an extraordinary Update Tuesday: KB3140743 bumps build to 10586.122.

Knowledge base article:

What’s new and changed:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Let us know if you encounter accessibility issues.

go to control pannel then trouble shooting and run the windows update
diagnostics from there and then it will give you some fixes to try or
it will make changes by itself

On 3/3/16, Mr & Mrs van den berg <vandenbergct@...> wrote:
[...]

Try the following please:

1.       Open start menu (Windows key).

2.       Type “winver” (without quotes) and press ENTER.

What is the build displayed (10586.xx)? We need this info so I, Vince and others can figure out what’s going on.

[...]

The build is 10240

Thanks

Timmy

[...]

Hi Timmy,

Ah, you are running RTM (Version 1507). Which edition of Windows 10 are you using? If you are using Home, you need to upgrade, as Windows 10 Home build 10240 is no longer maintained due to update policy from Microsoft. If this is such a case, please use Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Version 1511 (build 10586).