KB3140768 is rolling out, bumps build to 10586.164 #KBAlert #w10pc

Hi folks,

It’s that time of the month: Update Tuesday is upon us, and the next cumulative update is out: KB3140768 for PC’s. The update article can be found at:

Changelog can be found at:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

This update bumps build to 10586.164, and includes stability improvements to Narrator. As always, the update is just an update check away (from Settings/Update/Windows Update). Good luck.

Well I really hope ms actually speed up their update servers.
They are getting overloaded not sure about 10 but I have 3 systems on 7 and 2 of them are updated, but took like 15 minutes to check then update.
The last older box has been checking for an hour and a half and not moving and so I assume their systems are really overloaded.

On 9/03/2016 11:53 a.m., Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi folks,

It's that time of the month: Update Tuesday is upon us, and the next
cumulative update is out: KB3140768 for PC's. The update article can be
found at:

Changelog can be found at:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

This update bumps build to 10586.164, and includes stability improvements to
Narrator. As always, the update is just an update check away (from
Settings/Update/Windows Update). Good luck.

This is compounded by the fact that updates were released not only for PC's,
but also for Mobile users participating in Windows Insider Program.

[...]

Lino Morales

As Yoda would say herm. I saw nothing having to do with Narrator.

On 3/8/2016 5:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi folks,

It’s that time of the month: Update Tuesday is upon us, and the next cumulative update is out: KB3140768 for PC’s. The update article can be found at:

Changelog can be found at:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

This update bumps build to 10586.164, and includes stability improvements to Narrator. As always, the update is just an update check away (from Settings/Update/Windows Update). Good luck.

Tyler Wood

That's windows 7 for you.
Update to 10 and you don't have those problems.
A ton quicker to download and install updates, doesn't take as much processor. I love windows 10's update process.

On 2016-03-08 5:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

even catalog.update.microsoft.com from ware we can get the msu files
to install the updates are over over loaded

On 2016-03-08 5:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Well hmmm I do know that wu is not usually that slow.
Finally after waiting a couple hours the updates were able to be loaded in and are loaded.

On 2016-03-08 5:24 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
[...]

Hmm.  I wonder what improvements they made to Narrator.  Will have to look at the link and see if they give specifics.  Now, you have me curious.

Chris.

It’s that time of the month: Update Tuesday is upon us, and the next cumulative update is out: KB3140768 for PC’s. The update article can be found at:

Changelog can be found at:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

This update bumps build to 10586.164, and includes stability improvements to Narrator. As always, the update is just an update check away (from Settings/Update/Windows Update). Good luck.

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>

Hi,

Will be updating my windows vm asap, but have a problem which I have asked about but never got an answerr on. After installing windows, I have been trying to sign with my ms account, but entering my credenchels, I am taken back to the settings screen which does not sign me in. I need to be abe able to sign in inorder to activate windows. Any idea why this might be happening.

I am using the latesed NVDA.
Matthew

On 03/08/2016 06:26 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
[...]

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Hi mat, Have you tried going to the update and security and choose
activation from there? I would suggest calling the Microsoft accessibility
answer desk, and see if they can fix your problem that you are having. But
before you do that, have you checked your email for a security code?
Kenny Peyatt jr.

[...]

Hmm! Let's see here... Are you sure that you're enterring the correct password? I know that sounds incredibly obvious. A lot of people probably would say to me, "Chris, I'm not that stupid. Yes." Seriously though, it's a question that must be addressed.

Chris.

[...]

enes sarıbaş

you do not need your microsoft account to activate as stated numerous times on this list.

----- Original Message ----- From: "matthew dyer" <ilovecountrymusic483@gmail.com>

[...]

sampath raj rao

Hi, I often come across the use of microsoft account in the list, is
it necessary to have one? or is it only for insiders?
I purchased my laptop preloaded with win 10 preloaded and thereby I
have no idea about its key and in my case how to create MS account and
where should I provide it in my machine?

On 3/10/16, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

No I did not receive opne and I did not get an opsion to enter a code. I was taken to the settings screen. I will give it another go and see what happens. BTW,, I have this same problem when trying to sign into the app store.

Matthew

On 03/09/2016 05:24 PM, Kenny Peyattt jr. wrote:
[...]

Hi chris,

Yes I am using the write password. Thanks.

Matthew

[...]

I do not have an electronic key. HTH,.

Matthew

On 03/10/2016 06:35 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
[...]

hi,
you certainly do not need one. The microsoft account is optional. You also don't need your key. It is stored both in your bios and on microsoft's servers.

On 3/10/2016 3:01 PM, sampath raj rao wrote:
[...]

If you had win10 before, it will autoactivate over the net.

On 3/10/2016 5:03 PM, matthew dyer wrote:
[...]

Oh I thought I had to be signed in to my ms account dfirst. How is it going to know if I have a key if I don't sign in. I got it from the store app.

Matthew