.m4r sound files?

Tom K

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Blaster

Tom,

Try installing the K-lite codecs pack, that should do it.

You can get it from here:
https://ninite.com/accessible

HTH,
Blaster

On 8/2/20, Tom K via groups.io <tom.kl=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I'd like to play them on my computer,
but I can't get winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

JM Casey

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Mike B.

That's exactly what you do.  If you want a ring tone for an iPhone take a, M4A, file change the letter, A , to an, R , and you're good.  But, remember a ring tone can't be any more that 30 seconds long, so edit carefully.

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Mike B.

I'm totally sorry, but I didn't quite catch what the real question was and got my 1st reply all bass ackwards, so in order to answer the original poster, change the letter, R , of each file to an, A , so they will play normally.  The, M4R file types are iPhone ring tones and are no more than 30 seconds long.  But, if these are truly ring tones then these files will probably be incomplete sound files if they've been shortened to be converted to a ring tone.

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

They can actually be 40 seconds

That's exactly what you do.  If you want a ring tone for an iPhone take a, M4A, file change the letter, A , to an, R , and you're good.  But, remember a ring tone can't be any more that 30 seconds long, so edit carefully.

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Mike Capelle <mcap@...>

How do you import your m4r files to your phone? I use itunes.

That's exactly what you do.  If you want a ring tone for an iPhone take a, M4A, file change the letter, A , to an, R , and you're good.  But, remember a ring tone can't be any more that 30 seconds long, so edit carefully.

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Mike B.

Thank you very much for the correction.  I've been led to believe since I got my 1st iPhone the maximum ring tone length was 30 seconds.

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 9:19 PM

From: Richard Turner
Plug your phone into the computer.
Launch iTunes.
Select the phone button when you get to it.
Tab to the list that probably starts with summary.
Arrow down to tones, and tab to the folder.
Now, open Windows explorer, assuming it is Windows, and navigate to the ringtones folder and open it.
Select all and copy, then alt-tab back to iTunes and paste.
They should now all be on your iPhone.
HTH,
Richard

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 11:27 PM

How do you import your m4r files to your phone? I use itunes.

That's exactly what you do.  If you want a ring tone for an iPhone take a, M4A, file change the letter, A , to an, R , and you're good.  But, remember a ring tone can't be any more that 30 seconds long, so edit carefully.

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Sarah k Alawami

It used to be. I remember reading several articles in 2010-111 saying the ring tone was 30 seconds. I don't remember when the change took place, I just found out about this today.

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 9:19 PM