.m4r sound files?

Tom K

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Blaster

Tom,

Try installing the K-lite codecs pack, that should do it.

You can get it from here:
https://ninite.com/accessible

HTH,
Blaster

On 8/2/20, Tom K via groups.io <tom.kl=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I'd like to play them on my computer,
but I can't get winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

JM Casey

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom K via groups.io
Sent: August 2, 2020 8:41 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] .m4r sound files?

Hi, I have a lot of .m4r sound files, I’d like to play them on my computer, but I can’t get  winamp to play them, any ideas?

Tom K.

Mike B.

That's exactly what you do.  If you want a ring tone for an iPhone take a, M4A, file change the letter, A , to an, R , and you're good.  But, remember a ring tone can't be any more that 30 seconds long, so edit carefully.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] .m4r sound files?

Normally I wouldn’t suggest this, but it looks like 9from a quick websearch) they really are the same type of file for all intents and purposes. So, try renaming the extension of the files to .m4a. if you have the right codecs installed, Winamp should then be able to play them.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom K via groups.io

Tom K.

Mike B.

I'm totally sorry, but I didn't quite catch what the real question was and got my 1st reply all bass ackwards, so in order to answer the original poster, change the letter, R , of each file to an, A , so they will play normally.  The, M4R file types are iPhone ring tones and are no more than 30 seconds long.  But, if these are truly ring tones then these files will probably be incomplete sound files if they've been shortened to be converted to a ring tone.

Tom K.

They can actually be 40 seconds

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 8:34 PM

That's exactly what you do.  If you want a ring tone for an iPhone take a, M4A, file change the letter, A , to an, R , and you're good.  But, remember a ring tone can't be any more that 30 seconds long, so edit carefully.

Tom K.

Mike Capelle <mcap@...>

How do you import your m4r files to your phone? I use itunes.

Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 10:34 PM

Tom K.

Mike B.

Thank you very much for the correction.  I've been led to believe since I got my 1st iPhone the maximum ring tone length was 30 seconds.

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 9:19 PM

Tom K.

Mike B.

Try the following:
Plug your phone into the computer.
Launch iTunes.
Select the phone button when you get to it.
Tab to the list that probably starts with summary.
Arrow down to tones, and tab to the folder.
Now, open Windows explorer, assuming it is Windows, and navigate to the ringtones folder and open it.
Select all and copy, then alt-tab back to iTunes and paste.
They should now all be on your iPhone.
HTH,
Richard

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 11:27 PM

How do you import your m4r files to your phone? I use itunes.

Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 10:34 PM

Tom K.

Sarah k Alawami

It used to be. I remember reading several articles in 2010-111 saying the ring tone was 30 seconds. I don't remember when the change took place, I just found out about this today.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 3 Aug 2020, at 8:36, Mike B wrote:

Thank you very much for the correction.  I've been led to believe since I got my 1st iPhone the maximum ring tone length was 30 seconds.

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 9:19 PM

Tom K.