App Bulletin: a Windows Store version of GoldWave is now available #universalapps

Hi all,

Notice: formerly this was called “UWA Bulletin”. Given that more classic desktop apps are appearing on Microsoft Store, it’ll now be called “App Bulletin”.

For multimedia producers: you can now meet GoldWave on a new outlet: Microsoft Store. How is this possible: because it is a converted desktop app (Project Centennial). This means NVDA and JAWS users can use this app with help from an add-on and scripts, respectively.

Details:

  • Name: GoldWave
  • Developer: GoldWave, Inc.
  • Version: 6.31
  • Cost: 60 dollars (United States)
  • Packaging: converted desktop app
  • Accessibility rating: A (very accessible and screen reader friendly with help from external modules)
  • Requires: Windows 10 Version 1607 or later, 64-bit only
  • Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P8W02T56GZG

Doug Oliver <oliver.doug1@...>

Joseph,
I already have a license for goldwave. Would my license possibly still work? Or what I need to contact thew gold wave team. Thank you,
Doug

Sent from my iPhone

Hi,
I believe the license will carry over if you do have a licensed desktop
version installed (such is my case).

I already have a license for goldwave. Would my license possibly still
work? Or what I need to contact thew gold wave team. Thank you, Doug

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry, am just catching up. Is it accessible?

--
Christopher Gilland
Co-Founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries

Chris,

Here are two excerpts from Joseph’s email about this new version of goldwave:

[...]

thank you Joseph.
I'll look into this.
Thank you,
Doug

I believe the license will carry over if you do have a licensed desktop
version installed (such is my case).

I already have a license for goldwave. Would my license possibly still
work? Or what I need to contact thew gold wave team. Thank you, Doug

Sent from my iPhone

will the current goldwave nvda addon work with it?

On 1/4/18, Doug Oliver <oliver.doug1@gmail.com> wrote:
thank you Joseph.
I'll look into this.
Thank you,
Doug

I believe the license will carry over if you do have a licensed desktop
version installed (such is my case).

I already have a license for goldwave. Would my license possibly still
work? Or what I need to contact thew gold wave team. Thank you, Doug

Sent from my iPhone

austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

chris judge

This is awesome. I've had a gold wave license for years. Do you know where
one might find the necessary scripts for the new version?